It feels great to have my SECRET out, mainly because I felt like I could not fully express myself. I did not keep my pregnancy totally quiet. We told our families right away and I shared with many of my friends. I also shared with my immediate work group because I was feeling so lousy.
Being that our youngest will be 5 this month I feel like I am starting over with the whole pregnancy thing. I am more nervous about things.. I also can’t remember much about my past pregnancies to compare this round. I have not had an easy First Trimester, not horrible, but not easy.
- I have not thrown up at all, but have had all day nausea. I realized pretty early on that small meals all day long would help with the icky feeling
- I have had extreme fatigue, making it difficult to want to do anything when I get home from work
- The headaches are probably the WORST. I never know when they are going to hit but they are light and noise sensitive. I feel bad because the boys don’t fully understand why Mommy is not feeling well.
- GOOD NEWS is that I have not gained any weight so far! My goal is to stay in the 25-30 range, but since my kids in the past have been 9+ pounders will see what happens.
I look forward to Second Trimester because I am already feeling some relief and I know that in a couple more weeks I may feel “normal” again.
· I did not run with past pregnancies, so this is a new arena for me.
- I would like to walk/run 10-15 miles per week for the length of the pregnancy so long as it is safe.
- I do not plan to register for any races, mainly due to the cost and saving all the $$ we can.
- I am registered for Rock N Roll Seattle June 22nd, that is 1 month before my due date.. I hate to miss it, I may be a pregnant cheering station but I will not be walking/running 13.1 at 8++ months prego.
Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes. The Tall Mom Blog will be a bit different for a while, and I fully understand and support any readers that opt to take a break... This year I may be reporting more on spectating, coaching and race photography. Although I am hoping to test out some fun products once this bump starts to grow. If anyone has any favorites Pregnancy products I would love to know.