I get a little sappy on my Birthday so hang with me here.. I have reviews in work and will be posting soon. In the mean time I have been thinking a lot about what I have learned over the years. Since I turned 33 today below are 33 things I have learned, in no particular order. Some are Running related, you’re Welcome :)
1 1. Making lists is a great way to help you feel like you have gotten things
done, check it off, but also can be daunting depending on how long the list is
2. Red Robin bottomless steak fries are GOOD after a long run
2 3. You can’t change people but you can change your reaction to them.
4. The mind is a powerful tool, sharpen it and use it to your advantage.
5. Kids say the funniest things, often when they are in trouble.
6. If it Rains put on a hat and Run anyway.
7. Jealousy is a useless emotion, wanting for what others have does nothing
but make you feel bad. Instead find a way to improve your own situation
8. Race Medal, no matter how small, will be cherished by the person who
9. Marathons are HARD, but you will forget the pain.
10. Giving birth is HARD, but you will forget the pain.
11. Love can and should be EASY. Love at first site does exist for those lucky enough to find it.
12. Digital cameras are amazing but make sure you still print photos, there is something about flipping through a photo album to take a walk down Memory lane.
13. Be sure to take pictures and videos of the ADULTS too, you never know when they will be gone.
14. The Death of a Parent never gets easier, the pain just shifts and hits you less and less over time.
15. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket, at any time the handle can break.
16. Don’t burn a bridge, you never know when you will need to cross it again.
17. Race day makes you need to urinate more than any other day.
18. Take the time to enjoy the Sunset, it is Mother Nature’s artwork.
19. A Song can transport you back in time.
20. Nothing beats a GOOD HUG!!
21. Take the time to SMILE, it makes a difference.
22. Don’t be rude to Cashiers, it is not their fault the line is long.
23. Trail running is MUCH HARDER than Road running.
24. Helping someone accomplish a lifetime goal is an amazing feeling.
25. You never know who you will Inspire.
26. The Car salesman can ALWAYS give you a cheaper price, pack some food and hold your ground.
27. Registering for a race WILL help you stay committed to training for it.
28. Printing a Training plan for a race WILL help keep you on track.
29. Running Burnout is a REAL thing, if you find yourself in Burnout mode find new places, new partners, new clothes, new distances….do something different to pull you out of the slump.
30. Running Relays is TOUGH, but wow does it make for great memories!!
31. Smile for the race photographers if you want to get more pictures.
32. The scale is a good tool for weight loss, but should not determine your self worth.
33. Birthdays should be a HAPPY day and should be celebrated. Life is short, eat Cake!!
That is all I have for Today. Make today GREAT. Smile for me :)