1. I am still alive and Flexing my work muscles. I have 11 days left of work in my current position and some HUGE events to close out my 7++ year career. I have not had time to do much but work, eat and sleep.. 12 hours days dont leave much time for blogging, running, etc. I am also on the hiring comittee to find my replacement, what a WEIRD feeling!! It is bitter sweet but I am looking forward to the Work/Life/Wellness balance that my new job promises. Wish me luck this weekend and the next couple weeks!!
I have had a highlight this week. As I posted on Facebook, a photo taken in 2010 for a Wellness Article for my company will be re-used.. this time on POSTERS!!! Yes, Tall Mom is going to be the Poster Girl for the next Wellness campaign this summer. Growing up I always wanted to be famous...so this made my dimples shine... Small amount of pressure, I better get moving again :)
2. St. Pattys 5K was WOW!! The gang got together for a FUN FUN meetup! Tall Sister was there too, the entry fee was one of my Christmas gifts to her. It was BRRRRR cold in the 30's and the course was HILLY. My Garmin died, which lead me to go out WAY TOO FAST and get a horrible sideache.. OOPS!! At the end of the day the most fun was just being with a community of women that fill my world with joy beyond measure. It is not about the pace, or the race, it is the journey and I am BLESSED to have great friends along for the ride.. Love these girls!! Always a blast to see Kim and Chelsea surprised us!!! FUN!! Jamie, Jilly, Tiffany, Alma, Zoe with Goober, Kerrie and more... so fun!!Jill and I were trying to keep warm.. notice my XXXL toss-away that I didn't toss away in December.. FYI I didnt toss it again.. hehe We had the LONGEST lunch after the run, but it was still so fun!! I loved my RazzyRoo headband and socks and my Team Sparkle Skirt!! I am excited for more group meetups and for warmer temps, it snowed the morning here.. Spring?? I think not!!
3. 7 miles of BLISS!! My running has taken on a new form, Love on the Run. On Sunday Tall Grandma watched the Little Studs so Muscle Man and I could get a long run in without the double-jogger. It was 72 minutes of uninterupted time with my bestfriend and we burned some calories at the same time. Running with my husband is AMAZING! We are having a great time training together and I am so excited to help him reach his goals. I dont care about my pace, I am able to just enjoy this time.. I could not ask for more.
- What do you do when work takes ALL OF YOUR TIME?
- Did you run on St. Pattys? How did it go?
- Do you run with your spouse or significant other?