My first Half Marathon I ran the Capital City Half in Olympia, WA, report HERE. Muscle Man was there to support me, take photos and run along for parts. The race is small and the scenery is pretty. Muscle Man likes smaller races so he has chosen Capital City Half on May 20th as his first... Although I made some mistakes my first time out, I ran hard and still have not been able to match my finish time. I plan to run every step with Muscle Man and to help him with his training. There are HILLS but it has to be easier than pushing 120++ pounds of kiddos.. They may not give medals but the PRIDE felt once you cross the Finish Line is unmatched.
I am excited for this journey with my husband. Will be recruiting babysitters and paparazzi to come take pictures soon.. It will be fun to create the AMBITIOUS sub 2:00 hour training plan for my favorite client. This weekend we ran on Saturday and Sunday on the Foothills trail with the Little Studs under the rain cover, it was chilly. We kept the pace pretty easy and enjoyed conversation. There were some fun things.
1. We saw a HUGE Bald Eagle on a tree branch close to the trail.
2. There was a lady walking carrying The STICK.. we were not sure if she was carrying it for protection or to roll out her legs mid way through her walk :)
3. One guy asked "Do you ever trade?" referring to the jogging stroller, I replied "Only when no one is around." Which is TRUE.
4. We parked in a new location in the middle of the 7 mile trail, so we got to see the PRETTY parts of the trail without having to run 3++ miles to get there, it was a weird feeling.
5. As usual Muscle Man was sweaty and I wasn't ;)
- Have you ever run a race with your significant other? How did it go?
- What race are you EXCITED for in 2012??