11 Random Tall Mom Things:
1. I am an Event Planner for my Big Girl job, I can think 5 steps ahead.. a trait I get from my Mom.
2. I get my hair cut/colored MAYBE once a year. I was Blonde for a while after college but it was too hard for me to maintain, since I am not a fan of sitting in the Stylist chair.
3. We have 1 pet, a Boxed Turtle named Tally, she was once lost in the backyard for 2 weeks. We are not great pet owners ;p
4. I LOVE Milk Chocolate and eat at least a small piece most days.
5. Muscle Man and I met on Match.com, my parents also met on a Blind Date.
6. I drive a Jeep Liberty and it is BY FAR my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. We bought it brand new last August and it has made me happy ever sense.
7. I collect Starbucks cityscape mugs from the Cities I visit, I bought one in Boston last year and the handle broke on the return trip :( Maybe I will go back someday to get another.
8. My dream is to live with a view of a body of water, lake, stream, ocean, pond, large mud puddle, my current view is of the top of Lowes..although we have a killer view of Mount Rainier... maybe in retirement I will get my water view.
9. I played 3 sports in High School, Volleyball, Basketball and Track & Field (shot-put, discus and relays) I have always loved sports!! I hope the Little Studs will be excited about sports someday. I plan to be a huge FAN for them!!
10. I have no tatoos and did not get my ears pierced until age 30.
11. I have been enchanted by the Larimar Stone since my Mom gave me a ring made of Larimar she and Dad purchased for me before he died. Someday I will have an AMAZING collection of Larimar Jewelry.
- What did you want to be when you were growing up? What do you want to be now that you have grown up? I wanted to be an Actress, but around age 12 I realized I was too tall. So I planned to be a Basketball coach, but that didn't pan out. I am currently an Event Planner but I would love to have a Small business working with my husband.
- If you came into a large fortune all of a sudden and were set for life, what is the first thing you would do? Take my family and extended family on an all expense paid trip to Hawaii, with spa, zipline, tasty foods, etc.. We all deserve a BREAK!
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Pecan Cluster
- Of all the places you've been - vacation, work, or any other reason - which was your favorite and why? Portofino, Italy, time seems to move slower there, the people are amazing, food is to die for and the views of the Mediterranean are unmatched.
- What is your favorite time of day to exercise? Lunch, helps break up the day.
- Everyone has an innate fear. What are you naturally afraid of? I am afraid of dying young, always have been.
- Which holiday is your favorite?, and why? Christmas, I love giving gifts, food, the excitement of the little studs and the glowing lights.
- It's Friday night and you have the whole weekend ahead of you, what do you do? Sit on the couch with Muscle Man with an adult beverage and catch up on our DVR or a comedy.
- What was the very last meal you ate? Lunch, egg salad sandwich on wheat.
- What is your big race this year?, and what is your goal for that race? Not sure yet.. I would like to PR in a Half this year but my knee has been bugging me so I have to take it easy.
- What is the toughest aspect of training for you? How do you overcome it? Making sure I get enough rest for my knee and fitting it in when work gets busy. Sometimes I am able to pull it off, but not always.
1. What is your favorite cheat food/meal? Pizza or Thai Food.
2. Where is the best place in America that you have traveled to/lived in? Hmmm this is tough I really enjoyed my trips to New York and Washington DC but I doubt I would want to live there. I love the GREEN that Washington and Oregon have to offer.
3. If you could change one thing you have done in the past what would it be and why? I would have made my Dad to get his heart checked out. I am not sure if it would have extended his life or not, but I wish I had the chance to try.
4. What is your favorite thing you remember from your first race? My co-worker Zen Runner easily handling the 5K while I was DYING and wanted to stop.. I got passed by a 12 year old girl wearing flip flops.. It was humbling!!
5. Would you prefer to run on a treadmill or in the pouring rain? Pouring Rain, I am a WA runner I can take it!!
6. What is your guilty pleasure television show? Mine is Teen Mom. Please don't judge me. Funny, I like Teen Mom also.. But my guilty pleasure has always been One Tree Hill..
7. If you could have one super power what would it be? I would like to TELEPORT and be able to bring people with me. Could go anywhere without wasting time or money.. and my work commute would be a breeze. I promise not to use it to cheat in races ;)
8. Do you remember your dreams when you wake up? If so, what is the strangest dream you can remember? I remember dreams often.. My dream before Boston was pretty strange involving my friend Jill, forgetting my shoes and traveling on a "party bus" to the start line.
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would you choose? Salad, because there are soooo many different options of flavors, add-ons, etc.. Seafood salad, Cobb Salad, Taco Salad... etc... I already eat a salad every day so it would not change life too much.
10. What piece of advice would you give a new runner? Celebrate your successes, respect the distance and keep a good record along the way. I love looking back at my races through photos and my posts on the Blog.
11. Biggest Loser - love it or hate it? Love it, although I wish they would cut it to 1 hour.
- What is your favorite season for running and why?
- If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
- What is your mantra, favorite quote, and/or words you live by?
- If you could have ANY ONE ITEM for free, what would it be?
- How did your parents come up with your name?
- Do you collect anything? If so, what?
- How did you meet your significant other?
- If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What is your favorite fruit and vegetable?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of me (Tall Mom)?