21 Random Facts about Tall Mom
- My whole family is TALL Grandpa was 6'6, Dad was 6'5, Mom is 6'0 and to add GIANT my "little" brother is 6'9.
- I have ALWAYS loved being Tall, I can reach things off high shelves, find people in a crowd, and carry extra ice cream weight..hehehe
- Photography is a passion of mine, I spent hours in the dark room in college. I miss print photography but I love that through digital photography one can capture EVERYTHING. I once thought I would levy my talent into a career.
- My body has CHANGED since having 2 kids- I now have allergies, motion sickness and stomach troubles.
- The Summer after my Freshman year in college I ran a 5K for FUN, I chased the athletic director and got a crazy time of 19:30 or something like that and won a $25 gift certificate to a tanning salon... I SOOOO wish that I could run that fast now.
- I WILL run the New York City Marathon someday, I have been once and loved it! I was there for work and stumbled upon a red carpet event at Trump Tower, I got to see Cuba Gooding Junior, some B list celebs and The Donald in real life.
- I have always wanted to travel to Australia and Ireland, I know I will make it there someday.
- 2010 was the first time that I stamped my passport, previously Canada was the only foreign country I had visited. This year I went to France, Italy and Croatia, totally sparked an interest in Foreign travel for me.
- I LOVE Canadians!! I would live in Canada if I could. My favorite Canadian has a new Blog address HERE.
- Muscle Man and I met on Match.com and it was love at first site. He is my perfect match is so many ways. I LOVE being married!! We celebrated our 10 year Dateivesary on November 7th.
- Our family birthdays were 5 days apart as far as the day of the month, 9th, 14th, 19th, I was hoping that LS#2 would be born on the 24th to keep the streak, he was born at 12:51AM on the 25th.. (Actually I was hoping he would be born on the 23rd 1-23)
- I was LAUGHING for most of my labor with LS #2, after the Doctor broke my water I was a waterfall and all I could do was laugh.
- I had epidurals for the births of both of our boys and I only breastfed until about 8 weeks when I returned to work...I believe that both are HOT TOPICS in the Mommy world. I have the utmost respect for woman who have natural childbirth and are able to maintain a breastfeeding schedule. It didn't work for me.
- I have a Bachelors in Speech Communication and Masters in Organizational Leadership from Gonzaga University, I played basketball which covered all but 1 year of my tuition and expenses. I credit my parents for helping me to get the scholarship.
- I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I have dreams of writing books and being an inspirational speaker, but that would be hard to do with a young family. Having a home business with my husband would be the BEST! For now I feel blessed to be employed and able to support my family so that Muscle Man can be a stay-at-home Dad.
- My first real job was as an Event Planner for the Girl Scouts, I planned the calendar of events for girls ages 11-17. That age girl really needs mentoring, I hope to volunteer with young women again someday.
- I have anxiety, thankfully I am able to use that anxiety to work toward my goals and it does not cripple me. My close friends probably notice it more than most people as I am pretty good at faking it. I am my own worst critic. I have always had a way of over-analyzing the smallest detail.
- I feel prettier when my nails are painted
- I like to dress girly and cute when I Run/Race and don't care about whether people think I am a "real runner" or not. I will pose for the photogs and sport a skirt because it is FUN and it is ME.
- Shopping makes me happy, I don't always buy things but I like being in the stores and looking. I used to have a major talent for scoring great deals on the Clearance racks but I don't shop enough now to keep up.
- I wish that I had more time to dedicate to this Blog and especially my readers. My Blog brings me great joy every day and I can't remember my life without it.
1. TX Runner Mom
2. Jamie- From Couch to Ironwoman
3. Marlene- Mission to (a)nother Marathon
4. Lesley- Racing It Off
5. Run with Jess
T @Racing with Babes-Oops she tagged me- Doesn't count :)
Alisen- No Blog??
6. Holly- I'd Rather Run Outside
7. Rena- Miles to go Before I Sleep
8. Mary- A Little of This and a Little of That
9. Kim- (Just) Trying is for Little Girls
10. Amy- Ready. Set. Run!
- Thanks to everyone who left a Comment yesterday, we all have so much to be Thankful for. Look for a Giveaway or two to be THANKFUL for this Holiday Weekend!