The WINNER of the Team Sparkle Giveaway is:
Talso66 @ Keeping My Pace
**Please email me the color and size you would like at tallmomontherun (@) hotmail
And a few things...
1. I will be in Hawaii in November for my Big Girl Job.. and Guess what?? There is a 10K race while I am there!! I am super excited to run in Hawaii. Is anyone running the "Day of Hope" on Maui November 5th? Race info HERE. The money goes to the American Cancer Society.
2. It is getting DARK earlier here :( This means that our Family runs will come to an end soon. This is SAD to me!! I have loved running with Muscle Man and the Little Studs. I love Fall, not really a fan of Winter, I don't like the shorter days it is a bummer for a runner. Good news is that Muscle Man has been running on his own. I am HOPING this means that there is a Half Marathon in his near future.
3. I was playing on a FUN website the other night cartoonize.net. All you do is upload a photo and the website creates a cartoon-type image you can download. I tried several photos, below are my faves from running.. I think they look a little like paintings.
4. My Run Wild race pictures came back, so I created a little montage to show the progression toward the Finish Line.. Wow do I have CRAZY FORM!! Funny thing is I know this and I really don't care. In College my coaches and trainers tried to fix how I ran, they told me to keep my knee straighter, lift my legs higher, drop my shoulders, etc.. The more they changed my form the SLOWER I got running up and down the court. They finally gave up..and I resumed my wonky form.
5. I have been the WORST host for the Tall Mom 1,000+++ Club this year :( But I am happy to report that people seem to be hitting their goals without any inspiration from me. I love getting emails from folks who are PROUD to reach the milestone, thanks to Anne @ This Mom's Running Life for emailing and for her post "Goals are Good". I passed the 1,000 mark on October 11th!! Always exciting. With just 70 days left in the year will you hit your goal??
Hard to believe there are only 70 days left in the year!!! Will you try for 1,000+++ in 2012??
6. I am debating testing the Ultra waters in 2012... 50K to be exact, It is the Rainier To Ruston Ultra and is just down the road. The course has changed from last year, I am a little intimidated by trails, but I would like to take on a new adventure.. I have no desire to go into the 50 milers like Shelly or the 100's like Emz, Hannah and Jesse, you are are AMAZING!!
7. SPECIAL Thanks to everyone who commented on my Feed Me Post HERE. Since I could not select the best recipe, I used Random.org to pick the winner of a tube of Nuun. Winner is Running Moose. Please email to claim your Nuun.
8. If you are not already a fan of Tall Mom on Facebook HERE please head there and hit "Like" I plan to host a few fun giveaways that will be on Facebook in the weeks to come and I don't want my faithful readers to miss out :)
9. I wanted to race this weekend..BUT I also want to SLEEP!! Decisions, Decisions... What would you do?
10. Marlene HERE is a ROCK Star and killed her Marathon, head over and tell her congrats. My Little Nuun HTC buddy Dorothy HERE also sped to an amazing PR in her Marathon.
That's all I got.. How are you??