I met my Little buddy Janna for RUN #1 of my last Triple Training Runs before Hood to Coast. Janna works for Fleet Feet Bonney Lake HERE. I LOVE Fleet Feet!! The Fleet Feet Marathon training program prepared me to qualify for the Boston Marathon and I made lifetime friends in the process...
Janna and I after Boston Marathon 2011
Janna is working on Programs for Fleet Feet and knows that I want to develop a Program on Mental Toughness and Motivation. I am excited about the idea to talking to runners on this topic.
Why is Tall Mom a good presenter on this topic?
1. Athletics has NEVER come easy to me. Although it may seem effortless at times, that is far from the truth. I have had to work hard and stay very focused in order to reach my Goals. Having the struggle helps me to identify with others. Empathy is crucial.
2. I have a bag of TRICKS. Having played high level sports for a number of years, including Division 1 College Basketball, I have many many Mental/Motivational tricks. Every person is different but I would love to share my tricks with others to see if they help.
3. My first passion is speaking, as a Communications Major I LOVE to present to an engaged audience. This would give me a chance to dust off my presenting skills.
- I know that Tall Mom Readers want more information on this topic. Below are the related questions from the ActiveBands Giveaway:
A topic I would LOVE to see you touch on has to do with mentality. So many of us put countless hours of our time training for races / competitions. We work on our endurance, our speed, and our strength- yet one aspect that is huge in a race is our mental toughness. When you're hurting, miserable, or just plain old tired during a race, its our mind that determines if we decide to push through or succumb. What do you recommend for starting to train our mindset to become just as tough?
I would love to hear a post about what motivates you. I mean, is it another person, your family, your health, being cute in a skirt, to eat? If you could write an "I run for..." what would it include?
I would love to see a post that talks about how you motivate yourself during tempo/speed runs that are longer distances and what advice you have for beginning runners attempting their first speed workouts - what to expect, how to prepare, how to learn to enjoy (and not dread) these tough workouts, etc.
As for a future post, I'd love to read something about how win the mental game when you're trying to PR. There are a lot of training programs out there to get your body ready and in running form, but I haven't been able to get past the mental game on race day. I'd love to hear what you have to say!
I have been struggling with motivation. Would love to know how you stay motivated. Motivational tips any thing would help. I feel I have a love, hate relationship with running and right now I not loving it.
- Thank you!! This is all WONDERFUL Content. As I shape my presentation I will be sure to keep these specific questions in mind. When I have the information ready I will post pieces of it here, and touch on the questions above, for anyone interested :)
I NEED YOUR HELP!!
What would you be most interested in learning about on the Topics of..
***Pretty Please post your questions, thoughts, and things you struggle with and could use some advice about. All input will truly help me as I shape my class.