Tall Mom 5K Racing Truths:
1. I always go out way to fast
2. Going out way too fast means that I will fade about mid-race
3. I never have kicking speed at the end and come across the line looking like I am about to DIE, T-Rex arms in full force.
Tall Mom 5K HistorySanta Runs Tacoma 12/2010
Ran for fun to cross the line and take photos of my buddies
23:07- 4th Place in my AG
Enumclaw 5K 7/2010
This was my A race I felt GREAT and ready to PR. Trouble was I did not realize that the course was part dirt/gravel/grass and I wore the wrong shoes. I also set out way too fast and faded.
PR- 21:38 (6:58 pace)- 3rd in my AG
Kent 5K with Muscle Man 7/2010
Ran with Muscle Man at his pace, he Duded me at the end :)
26:29- AMAZINGLY 4th in my AG
Run Wild 5K 9/2009
It was a rainy day but I felt great, was chasing down the leader but did not have the speed.
21:54- 2nd Overall Female, 1st AG
ERHS 5k- 9/2009
This was my debut as a "fast" runner, very small race to raise money for the high school cross-country team. I felt great, some hills and weird terrain messed with me, it was weird to be in Second place the whole race.
22:56- 2nd Overall in the race, 1st Female
Race for the Cure 5K 6/2008
First race as an adult. Baby #2 was 5 months old, I struggled to keep running. My co-worker stayed with me and helped me get through the tough parts. My goal was sub 30 minutes.
There you have it....my 5K's all tied up in a pretty bow :)
Plan for tomorrow:
1. Warm-up Run- Thanks Marlene HERE for this tip.
2. Do not go out too fast! Run by feel.
3. Based on my current fitness level I think I can hold 7:15ish pace for a 22:31 Finish. Thanks to Cool Running pace calculator HERE I use this tool often!!
4. DO NOT T-REX across the Finish Line
5. Have Fun!!
- Tell me about your BEST 5K Race. What did you do during the race that really helped you Finish Strong?
- I will be Racing in my Brooks Green Silence- Want a pair of Brooks? Enter to Win HERE.