1. Have you Entered to WIN $100 off Brooks Shoes at Onlineshoes.com? If not click HERE. Giveaway ends on 7/18!!
2. Live in the Seattle area and want to attend a New Balance Minimus event hosted by Onlineshoes.com??
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2011
Time: 1:00 – 3:00
Location: South end of Green Lake, off West Green Lake Way N.
Let’s get together! If you were ever the least bit curious about barefoot running or the whole minimalist running movement, then mark your calendars for July 21st. We’ll be hosting a fun little Minimus Meetup at Green Lake, one of Seattle’s favorite running parks, and we’d love to see you there!
This Minimus Meetup won’t be all fun and games, though—we’ll also have prizes and giveaways. You could even star in a video review of the Minimus if you like. So, if you live in or around Seattle, come on out to Green Lake on July 21st and let us show you how New Balance is changing the way you run.3. I can't wait to see the new Harry Potter Movie!! Not sure when we will fit it in, but WOW am I excited. I have been watching Harry Potter Marathons off and on to prepare for the Wizarding fun.
4. I read a book!! Rare I know. I was sent Running on Empty to review ages ago. I started reading it on the airplane to and from Boston, lost it on a shelf for 2 months, then Finished this week.
My thoughts? To be fully honest I could not relate to Marshall, he suffered a great loss and was able to push through and accomplish amazing things...but he did it at the expense of his children which just made me SAD!! The book is well written and inspiring worth reading.
When I finished Running on Empty I opened The Long Run. I am HOOKED!! I will have a full report in a few weeks, this is a cant put down type of story. WOW oh WOW!
5. See Jane Run Half Marathon and 5K is this weekend!!!
This time I will be side by side with my Sister, not cheating and crossing the Finish Line twice.
This will be my 7th Half Marathon!! And the 3rd time that I am Running to help someone Finish. I do not have time to list all of the lovely ladies and bloggers who will be racing, but I will say GOOD LUCK!!
- I do want to say a SPECIAL GOOD LUCK To Chelsea HERE. Chelsea told me last year at You Go Girl that she wanted to run her first Half Marathon and wanted me to Coach her. I felt honored and a bit nervous. Chelsea has been wonderful to coach, dedicated, excited and awesome at keeping me up to date on her training. I am glad that I was able to coach her because we have grown closer as friends through the process. She is now a cherished friend, and super cheerleader. Her injury threw a curve ball in our plans, but I think See Jane will be a GREAT First Half Marathon Finish line for her. And with the pacing power of Kerrie HERE, they are bound to have a BLAST!!
Running with my Sister has been amazing, we are making memories to last a lifetime. We Finally found the perfect Tank Tops and I am designing something to put on the front, probably just safety pin, thanks for all the ideas!!! Muscle Man and Chelsea's Man will be on the course to take pictures, so be prepared for photos on Monday!!
This weekend is going to be STELLAR!! Tall Sisters on the Run!!
- What do you have planned this weekend?
- Read any good Running books lately?
- Are you going to see Harry Potter?
- Leave a comment and let me know that you are still there :)