Running Buddy Appreciation Day HERE!
June 25th is now Running Buddy Appreciation Day, so go above and join in the FUN!!!
June 25th just so happens to be Seattle Rock N Roll and guess what?? I get to run with and see and support most of my favorite Running friends!!! Perfect timing Miss Amanda!!
I was thinking... I have been BLESSED with amazing Running friends... Maybe some of you out there are feeling a bit SOLO in your Running World. So here are my SIMPLE tips to making new Running Buddies.
TALL MOM's TIPS
TO FINDING & KEEPING
GREAT RUNNING BUDDIES
- Use DailyMile.com HERE to search for people in your Area and ask them to be your friend. Follow their training, maybe you run the same pace and on the same trails. Plan a SAFE meet up date and time to run TOGETHER.
- Search Bloggy land for local runner friends, plan to meet up at a race or for a training run. This is how I met MOST of my Running buddies near and far.
- Sign up for local races and pay attention to the people in your pace area. Strike up a conversation before, after or even during the race. Who knows, that person may be your neighbor.
- Link in with your local Running store for training groups, group runs, and volunteer opportunities. All of these are a GREAT way to meet new people.
- Recruit new Runners!! You may have family or friends who might be interested in a lifestyle change, or a challenge. Taking those folks you already know and helping them become Runners is a GREAT way to have new Running Buddies.
- Use Social Media and ASK if anyone wants to run with you, you may be surprised the response!!