1. It is April 1st, April Fools Day. One this you should know about me is that I am GULLIBLE. I believe people, and fall for things that I probably should not. So April Fools is not my favorite because I am the Fool ;) This April I am EXCITED, 17 days to BOSTON!!! Bright Yellow is one of my all-time favorite colors so this Finish Line is PERFECT!! I am a little nervous to run alone, Denise HERE is in the same Wave and Corral as me-Wave 2 Corral 6, anyone?? I plan on making a sign with Races2Remember HERE with my name to have a constant Cheering section :) 2. I am trying to wrap my thoughts about my Boston Training Journey...but I can't find the words. This training I have had ups, downs, friends, rain, miles and miles in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. My Journey has not at all what I expected. Marathon training is HARD!! This is Marathon #6 for me and this JOURNEY I have had doubt. Doubt about my strength...more mentally than physically. My advice for anyone going into a Marathon would be to be positive on your Journey and train the mental as much or more than the physical.
3. I had a DATE last night with Chelsea, Jamie, Jill, and Kerrie. We met up at Red Robin and I consumed far too many steak fries for someone 17 days from a Marathon...OOPS!! We went to see My Run HERE. A bunch of us saw Hood to Coast HERE a while back and I LOVED every minute of it!! I am sad to say that My Run was not great...it had potential to be really good but the filming, cheesy music and awkward photo montages missed the mark for me. It is an inspiring story which I believe would have been better told in a movie format than the Documentary style with old old footage that they replayed over and over. I would recommend the movie because I think it is Inspirational, but don't go in with high expectations.
Me and Jamie, she is training for her first Marathon.. We sat next to eachother for Hood to Coast too.
Jill, Chelsea and Kerrie... always a GREAT night with these lovelies..
4. Tall Mom Needs a Logo!!! I put a call out on Facebook yesterday and got a couple bites (please email me). I would love love a Logo with a Runner Waving and the name of the Blog incorporated. Using Free online Logo tools, Word and Paint I made the logos below... Clearly I have no graphic design or artistic talent :) HELP!! Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would be willing to help me out :)
This logo is a bit boring, but I like the bright green..
I was going for the faded look with the logo below, but it ended up just looking blurry
5. I posted some BAD BAD Race Photos on Dailymile this week for a LAUGH. Lucky me, I also have some pretty GREAT race photos.. Today Zoe HERE sent me a Screen Shot from her Video at You Go Girl. How AWESOME is this???
I look fast and sort of like a ROBOT. The Video is pretty funny because I am waving like a Goofball while TMB is smoking fast to the Finish line.. CLASSIC!!! The Running Skirts socks are supposed to be a heart but mine resemble more of a Blobbish Heart..
- FYI the Fabulous Blonde Ponytail has a Giveaway HERE.
- FYI Miss Zoe has started a Blog to capture Giveaways check out Runner Swag HERE and is hosting a RoadID Giveaway HERE.
HIGH FIVE IT's FRIDAY!!