CONGRATS to Shelly HERE 50K PR and Day #301
CONGRATS to Marlene HERE Half Marathon PR!
CONGRATS to TMB HERE 60 mile training week PR!
CONGRATS to Katie A HERE for a CRAZY 121 mile week and Day #59
CONGRATS to Amanda HERE for reaching her 1st Fundraising Goal.
Inspiration all around!! Way to go ladies.
A few of my running buddies were busy Saturday but thankfully Tammy AKA Red was able to meet up. I was worried I would not be able to keep up with Tammy so I texted her that I was hoping for sub 9:00 Pace, she agreed. We started well before the Bonney Lake Fleet Feet group since we would be running for over 3 hours.
- Sidebar: Our Little Studs have ESP when it comes to knowing when Mommy NEEDS a good night of rest. The night before my run LS#1 had a sippy cup leaky mess at 2:30, took me 20 minutes to flip the sheets and him. Then at 3:45 he had a bad dream and at 5:05 LS#2 cried out for a drink.. UGH!! I was worried that the interupted sleep would hurt my run.
Fast forward to 7AM I used the facilities at the Meeker Trailhead Foothills trail talked with a couple runners and we set out. I was nervous for the run but I knew running and chatting with Tammy would be GREAT as always. Not much to report. It was about 42' at the start, very comfortable, no rain, no wind. BLESSED!! We saw 2 Bald Eagles one felw over the trail just before we hit half way, it was MAJESTIC. Is anyone else a Running Bird watcher??
On the return trip it is a little downhill which helps the legs turnover faster. We had a pit stop with 7 miles to go, and ZOOMED to a speedy finish. I was in short sleeves by the end. SUPER proud of a 8:52 average pace, right where I want to be this close to BOSTON!!SUNDAY:
We were limited on time this morning so we could not meet up with Kerrie and Zoe :( On my way to the South Prairie Trailhead Foothills trail to meet Amy I saw Paul HERE, the Owner of Bonney Lake Fleet Feet, and his FAST buddies on the shoulder. I knew they would catch up to us soon. Amy and I snapped a fun photo, she had her new Brooks shirt and cute running skirt.
Yes we are the same height!! Tall Moms on the run for sure.. The weather was perfect and Amy was speedy. Generally we have been in the 10+ pace but WOW she was 9:20 for a good amount of time. Thankfully my legs were not sore or tired from the 22 miler, just my feet and arches, I was able to keep the pace. Eventually Paul and his 5 fasties past us as fast as bikers, they ran 7:14 pace for 21 miles!!!! Paul is poised for a sub 3:00 performance in Boston. GO PAUL!!
We kept on moving I was soaking in the sites and sounds of the trail...
- A Blue Jay hopping from branch to branch
- The gentle trickle of the river as we came around the bend
- Bright green moss lining the path
- Bikers with smiles and chants "On your left"
- Gray cloudy skies blocking the Mountain from view
- The smell of the cow pasture
- Orange goo in the swampy areas that looks like a painting
- Trees fallen across the river from wind storms
- Car on the road parallel to the trail revving their crappy engines
It was ENJOYABLE! We talked and talked, our friendship growing with each stride. Don't hate me for saying this BUT I almost forgot I was running. Poor Amy was feeling the affects of going out too fast and said "Whooo" a few times, it made me laugh. She asked if I was tired, "No I feel really good." I did, I felt GREAT! Another weekend with 30 miles, and I KNOW this is the best training I can possibly be doing right now. Can I get a YIPPEE??
The start of my training for Boston was HARD!! I know Marathon training is not supposed to be easy necessarily but this was "I want to quit" type of hard...and that is NOT ME!! I am hitting my stride and with 6 Weeks to Boston it is PERFECT timing :)
- How was your weekend??
- Please share any POSITIVE running stories, I would love to hear them!!