The list below is FULLY my experience, other Marathoners may not have experienced everything on the list... HERE goes...
****If you prefer to live in Marathon Dream land, please do not read on...
*********I warned you.
Marathon Training Truths:
-Your Friday nights will be spent carbo loading, getting your gear together and going to bed early. Marathon training can hamper the social life.
- -You will have to get up early every Saturday for +/- 16 weeks. Unless you want to take up your entire day running.
-Your Saturday Afternoons you may feel to tired, sick, sore to participate in anything fun.
- -You will run in the rain, snow, heat, wind, cold, ice, sleet, you name it...There is no such thing as Fair Weather Marathon training.
-You will get chaffing on areas you did not know were rubbing...Often you will not know you have chaffing until you shower.. OUCH!
- -Blisters, caluses, lost/black toenails, Marathoners feet are GROSS.
-You may spend more time with your Garmin and Ipod than you do with friends/family.
- -Long Run stomach may leave you RUNNING to the potty over and over.. p00p soup, YUCK!
-You will spend a crazy amount of money on shoes, socks, gear and race entry fees.
- -You will ask yourself over and over "Why am I doing this?"
-Your personal limits physically and mentally will be tested every day.
- -Taper Madeness is a REAL thing, you will feel weird pains, be totally afraid of getting sick and feel like you are not ready over and over..Marathon Nightmares are FUNNY!!
-The night before the race you will barely get any sleep because you are not sure you will make it the 26.2.
- -On Race Day
-self-doubt will dig in and try to take over..
-it is just you and the pavement, who will win?
-of your First Marathon you will Feel........I can't fill that in because each Person has a different First Marathon experience.. With all those TRUTHS are you ready??
- YES YOU ARE!! It is not easy, if it were everyone would do it. The Marathon can chew you up and spit you out...BUT... That Finish Line is AMAZING, make it there once and you will know what I mean.
- Those of you who have crossed that First Marathon Finish Line please share your experience...Good, bad, ugly?? Leave a comment..