The Rules are simple:
1. Run, walk, swim, shuffle, or crawl 1,000 Miles or more+++ in 2010! Miles by the power of your feet (or full body for swimming). Maybe you do not believe you can make 1,000 miles?? That is OK, sign up anyway everyone is welcome!!! Those of you Triathletes please come up with an equivalent you are happy with for bike miles and record as you see fit.
2. Keep track of your mileage, shortly after you sign up you will get a link to the shared spreadsheet. Be sure to keep your miles updated because there will be Check In Posts on Tall Mom every quarter. Also those who are close to their Goal will get extra entries into Tall Mom Giveaways.
3. Post the Club logo (Above) with a link to this Post somewhere on your Blog. If you do not have a Blog be sure to let people know you are taking on this challenge so they WILL cheer you on as you go.
4. Make it to your goal by January 1, 2012 and you will get recognition on Tall Mom with extra incentives as we go..
A little intimidated??
Break it down in simple Math
1,000/12 months in a year= 83.33 Miles per month
1,000/52 weeks in a year= 19.23 Miles per week
1,000/365 days in a year= 2.74 Miles per day
**Maybe your goal is not 1,000, it may be less or more.. The Math is the same, just insert your number and calculate. It is VERY IMPORTANT to know your weekly/monthly mileage Goal to stay on track.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Thank you for your comments and emails...but in order for me to be ORGANIZED. SEND ME AN EMAIL, from the email address best to keep in touch with you, with the following information send to the NEW CLUB EMAIL:
City, State: (State is fine if you are private)
Age and Birthday (If you care to share for birthday just Month/Day):
Quick Bio (will help me get to know you):
Blog/Dailymile Address: If applicable
Running/Racing Goals for 2011:
Upcoming Special Events for a High Five:
***2010 Members if you have not recently received an email for the 1,000+++ club then I do not have your correct email address. Please email me again so I can update my information for you. If you want out please let me know ASAP..
AND OFF WE GO+++ I was TRULY amazed by the number of people who joined in the Fun in 2010. Many people went 1,000+++.. Here are a few tips to make it to your Goal.
TIPS to 1,000+++:
- 1. Tell friends, family, co-workers, etc. about your Goal. Getting the people in your life involved with your Goal is a great way to stay motivated and accountable. Joining a mileage tracking website like Dailymile.com is a fun way to keep track of your miles and meet local runners.
- 2. Look at the race/fun run calendar and register for some races. Google training plans to prepare for that race...PRINT THE PLAN AND PUT IT ON YOUR FRIDGE. Repeat this step throughout the year. Having events to prepare for and stay in shape for truly helps!
- 3. Determine incentives.. Personal Goals with rewards is a great way to keep those miles going. For Example, at 100 miles I will get a manicure or indulge in a bowl of ice cream.. The incentives are yours to decide.
- 4. Get the Gear!! I cannot stress enough how important good gear is to comfortable and injury free miles. Shoes are #1, get fitted at a local running store if you have not done so. Also on the top items to buy list are running socks= NO COTTON. Body glide, yes we all use it. And gear for all weather conditions, rain, snow, heat, etc... Be Prepared, don't let not having the right gear keep you from running.
- 5. Make it FUN!! Join local running clubs, make friends, follow the Bloggy Journeys of the other club members and remember you are NOT ALONE!! As Brooks Running says "Run Happy."