Reading through blogs of buddies this week I see a trend toward Goals and Race Schedules... I have not come up with 2011 Goals and the only race on my Schedule is the Boston Marathon... There are options to do a race every month, although i doubt that is possible for me...
RACES I am considering (mostly local):
- January- No Sun Fun Run 5K
- February- Valentines Run??
- March-St. Pattys Day Run??
- April- Boston Marathon
- May- Eugene Marathon (spectator), and Capital City Half Marathon
- June- Race for the Cure 5K Seattle, Vancouver WA Half Marathon and Rock N Roll Seattle (spectator)
- July- See Jane Run Half Marathon
- August- Railroad Days 5K and 10K
- September-Run Wild 5 or 10K, Super Jock & Jill Half Marathon, and You Go Girl Half Marathon
- October-Haunted Hustle 5K (runs through the cemetery where my Dad was buried)
- November- Turkey Trot??
- December- Santa Runs Tacoma 5K
All Female Races are GREAT!! I will create a beginner training plan for each of them and we will run as a TALL MOM TEAM whatever pace feels right on race day!! The love for racing is spreading and I LIKE IT!!!! I posted the link to See Jane Run on my Facebook page and a lot of friends are interested. There is also a 5K and races in places other than Seattle, check it out HERE.
well close anyhow)..
NEED HELP?? Finding a local Race:
Runners World Search HERE
Active.com Search HERE
Running in the USA Search HERE
Cool Running Search HERE
Athlinks Search Here
- What Races are you excited about in 2011?
- What approach do you use to plan your race schedule?
- Do you have a favorite SEARCH engine not listed above? Please share in a comment.