So the last couple days has been a comedy of errors, I am pretty sure my Dad is messing with me from Heaven or maybe he is protecting us, you decide....
The WEIRD things:
1. Lost my Marathon and Runner girl decals off the back of my car at the Car wash.
2. Did not get our chicken nuggets at Wendy's
3. Dropped the salt shaker on my spoon holder and it shattered.
4. And to top it off I used kitchen towels to pull dinner out of the oven... I always use pot holders not sure what I was thinking. I put the towels in the drawer. Muscle Man smelled something and saw smoke, opened the drawer and WHAM towels on FIRE!! All the towels in our drawer were lit up, he tossed them on the floor then we threw them in the snow.. The weird thing was I was thinking the other day that I wanted matching Kitchen towels. So blessed that all we lost were towels and that the Little Studs were upstairs.. here is the damage.. UGH!!
This morning I finished up 2010 with a RUN.
Total for 2010= 1,220
My Goal was higher, but 2010 threw me some MAJOR PUNCHES so I am proud of those miles. FYI the 2010 spreadsheet closes tomorrow morning, so email me if you need the link, anyone with no miles listed will be deleted from the Blog post on 1/2.
I met Tammy, and Heidi at 8AM and 22 Degrees...BRRRRR!!!! My camera phone was blurry but it was cold so no retakes. We opted to try a new trail (to us) along the Puyallup River, new scenery..
It was a little slick, but the snow has covered everywhere so I am guessing this trail was one of the few options. I was TIRED from the get go, I HAVE NOT RUN ALL WEEK, OOPS!! Tammy and Heidi are in shape and zoomed along. I am 11 pounds heavy and have not run much lately, but I will get back on track ASAP.. When we set out the goal was 12 miles, UGH, so when the trail ended at a little over 4 miles and we had to turn I was happy... I told the girls they could drop me off at 8 miles.
The Mountain was aglow and majestic...I NEVER tire of this view.. We stopped for a quick shot and headed back. Hard to believe that I have only know Tammy for a Year, the Fleet Feet training group starts next weekend I am not sure if I will sign up but I am sure I will bandit a few training runs.. After the run I came home to a sick Little Stud #1. We had plans to shop for couches so Tall Grandma came to our house, THANKS GRANDMA!! She took care of LS#1, including when he tossed his cookies...YUCK!! We found couches at Allen's Furniture in Enumclaw, WA.. TOTALLY recommend it for local folks, Jon was GREAT to work with.. Our new furniture arrives in 6-8 weeks in the fabric we selected...SO COOL!!
Yesterday, Tall Grandma treated us to a trip to the Train expo at the local Museum.. LS#1 had a fun time, he wore the cute hat and loved the exhibits.. I got in the spirit and put on a funny hat :) Looking back on 2010 there were very good moments and days I struggle to even think about...but I will recap it all so I won't forget, this is my journal after all. Maybe I will have time to post tomorrow while Muscle Man watches football.
- UPDATE the Spreadsheet for the Tall Mom 1,000+++ Club. Also if you would post on your Blog with a link to Tall Mom and tell others about the Club and that it will open for 2011 on 1/3 that would be GREAT! Would love to have twice the number next year!
- HAPPY NEW YEAR BLOGGIES!!