Necessary Potty stops- 2
Cool and crisp day on the Orting trail, tummy and body issues..
Although I am not in Marathon training my local friends are, which means I can always hop in on a long run. Janna is recovering from an injury while training for Portland. We met early with friends Redhead Tammy, Boston Tammy, Coach Laurie(sp?) and her Dad, Janna and her buddy Rachelle. It was a large pack and they were setting a SPEEDY pace. Still feeling a bit tired from the Half on Monday I held back. Since I had not met Rachelle before I opted to slow and get to know her.
We chatted for a couple miles, she is very sweet and has two kiddos about the same ages as the Little Studs. We both were feeling a bit off so it was nice to slow. What an unexpected highlight to meet a new friend. She planned for 8 miles, at mile 4 Boston Tammy was on her way back so I left Rachelle with our FAST FAST friend. I could no longer see the pack so it was time to find my fast feet.
LORDY!! I was at 7:30 pace and felt like I was not gaining inches to catch up. I could see them in the distance then Janna, bless her, bent over to adjust her shoe and wait for me. LOVE HER!! Reunited we Gu'd and continued on our way. Always fun to catch up on the RUN. It was eventful so not to bore you I will recap bullet style:
- Tummy issues for both of us led to midway NECESSARY potty stop, URGH!
- We could see Redhead Tammy and Laurie plugging along for their 22 in the distance.
- A bug flew in my eye, it took 2 miles to get it out.
- There were soooo many SLUGS on the trail, I know I must have squished a couple.
- I am not a critic of running form, I don't have great form myself, but WOW do some people run very very strange.. Choppy little steps, such waisted effort.
- There were Fishermen out in droves along the river, crazy how their lines don't tangle. One dude caught a HUGE FISH, I mean HUGE like half of his height. Not shy I said "Wow that is a good day." He smiled and said "Yep." He was with a grumpy looking friend, I said "Where's yours?" He responded with a MEAN FACE.. LOL!!! Oops, guess he was a bit MAD, and I was trash talking without even trying.
- We were having more tummy issues and had to stop by our cars at mile 15, I wanted to be done but Janna was set on 16. So we ran toward the coffee shop, I said we could run there, then grab a drink and do a cool down walk.
- THE LAST MILE WENT SOOOOO SLOW!!
- Got our drinks and a fellow runner stopped, unplugged and said "Hey ladies how far did you go?" We said 16, and earned instant respect, he was finishing up 22.
It took me a few hours to feel normal. After a shower, and lunch it was time to CLEAN. Little Stud#1 was tasked with cleaning the toys downstairs. He went above and beyond without even a fuss. He loves Jamba Juice smoothies so we set out for a little REWARD.. Fun for me too!! It is tough to drink and snap a photo of 2 people.. LOL!
Little Stud #2 will be 3 in late January, he is fighting taking naps. We KNOW he still needs a mid-day rest. Above was taken last weekend...it was 3:00PM and he fell asleep on the floor. Hehehehehe...
- How is your weekend?? Hope your run was not a SLUGFEST!