This is the first view point not far from the parking lot. I bought the Good Band at Target.
Muscle Man and I had grand plans to RUN/JOG the flat parts but instead enjoyed the green forest and each other's company.
On our way up we talked, hubby can always make me LAUGH! It is fun getting lost in the woods with the one you love. I am AMAZED at how labored my breathing was, I can run a Marathon at 8:18 pace without breathing hard....but Hiking UP WOW! I thought about those who run these trails and the amazing shape they have to be in.
When we reached the top there was Amanda, her family and Lazy Dog. We spent about 30 minutes talking, eating and enjoying the views.
I had sooooo much fun with Muscle Man. He is hilarious, kind and a true gentleman. On tough parts he would go down first an offer a hand to help me down. Being in the pace and quiet with him for 2 hours was AWESOME!
I wore my Garmin because I was curious what it would say. It said we went 3.44 miles, when the trail is 2.3 each direction. Hubby this it does not register the UPs, I think it is Garmin Gremlins. After the hike we went to a GREAT spot for lunch and devoured tasty hamburgers. What a wonderful DATE!
Things we saw at Little Si:
- Young couple drinking Coors Light as they went up the trail. Can you say dehydration?
- Tiny girl carrying the BIGGEST walking stick she could find.
- College age DUDES hiking in Flip flops.
- Lots of Dogs!
- A trio of girls singing like they were on American Idol.
- A couple training for?? They had huge jugs of water in their packs and emptied them at the top.
- That was our weekend. HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?
PS. Check out Tall Mom Giveaways HERE for a great Giveaway from Lift Your Sole.