Summer has finally made its way to Washington, who knows how long it will stay but temps approached the 80's yesterday. I knew that I should have brought my handheld, but I didn't and I was SOOOO THIRSTY!! I am still testing routes in my neighborhood to figure out how the miles will add up. Mother Nature decided to visit and bring cramps with her, FUN!! That explains the weight gain and HUNGER.. TMI :) The run was rough but I made it... FUNNY there was a guy working on a chia pet statue on his front porch, I almost laughed out loud, REALLY?? 6.7 miles done!!
Running gives me time to think and I realized that I forgot a HUGE factor on my post yesterday. I am running this race for Marathon for the Cure!!! I feel blessed and proud to be running 26.2 in support of a great cause. If you have never run for a charity I recommend it, select a cause that is near to your heart and you will be a success.
- TODAY I work half day then the Bloggy Meet ups begin. I pick up Marlene, Amanda and Amanda's hubs at the airport... It is FUNNY that I am hosting people in Seattle because I know nothing about the city. I grew up 45 minutes South and rarely ventured to the Big City. I literally have each step the next 3 days Mapquested in and out.. Today we are off to the Mariners Game and Rock N Roll Expo. I get to stop by the Brooks (HERE) Booth to pick up our VIP Porta Potty Passes. Oh Brooks I LOVE thee!!! I am curious to see the Brooks Run Happy® Cavalcade of Curiosities activities. Will be sure to take pictures and fill you in on the details.
- Friday Night Carbo-load Dinner: Please email for details as there is limited space. If you did not get the Evite and would like to come let me know ASAP (tallmomontherun @ hotmail).
- Start Line: I will be in Corral 10. However a bunch of Bloggies will be meeting around Corral #6 30 minutes prior to the race start to get a photo op. If the race is set up the same way as last year Corral #6 should be close enough to get the start line in the background.
- Finish Line: The finish area is always a zoo. The Family Reunion areas are coded by letters. Although I do not plan to stay there too long, I will be meeting my ride and others in Family Reunion B, B for Blogger.
That is all I have for now... I am hoping to squeeze in my high five Friday post....but with all this RUNNING around it may not happen. I can hardly believe that Rock N Roll weekend is here, I have been thinking about this for sooo long!!!
- What are you excited about for this weekend or in the weeks to come??