- The Winner of the CEP Compression socks is long time Tall Mom Bloggy Pack member and a international Mel:
Mel at 2nd Chances If you have not read this ladies Blog you are missing out.. A runner and triathlete who was once a smoker and had brain surgery. Throw in taking care of her little man and helping him with his TRI passion, never a dull moment. Mel email me and the socks will be on their way.. Hmmm guess I should have asked CEP if Canadian entries were OK. Oh well Thanks Again CEP!!
-Ran Eugene Marathon in 3:37:06 and qualified for Boston
-Sold our first house and moved to a new home
-Hmmmmm think that is enough :) Makes me tired just thinking about it..
June to me means mid year assessing of GOALS.. It is time to review where I am at... Remember my AMBITIOUS list of GOALS HERE
- One night every week (minimum) we will not watch TV. We will play games as a family, read, build forts, construct and knock down block towers, go for a walk/run, etc. All the focus will be on us being together. Grade: D, WE have done this a few times, maybe once a month but nowhere near the once a week.
- I will define what I "Want to be when I grow-up" and work toward becoming that person in my Big Girl life. Some ideas are floating around, but no progress has been made yet.
- I will read at least 5 books next year, including at least one about running and one about nutrition. I am a painfully slow reader and only have time to read at night when my brain is TIRED so this is a good starting point for me. A+- I was able to complete this goal easily, I have already read 6 books. Need to find a nutrition book but I have the running books covered.
- I will find ways to reduce my Environmental Footprint first by purchasing a travel mug to give to my barista to fill with my morning JOLT and using my water bottle on car trips and at work instead of plastic bottles. B+-I have used my travel mug and travel water bottle 80% of the time this year. I have recently started taking the train to work which is GREAT!
- We will sell our 5 year home and purchase a new Home that will fit us better, hopefully with a yard and closer to work. DONE!!
- I will learn more about CLEAN EATING and incorporate more locally grown and fresh products into our daily diets. FAIL- I am hoping local Farmers Markets this Summer will help turn this fail to success.
- Once a month I will find a new recipe (may need your help here food-bloggies), purchase the goods to make the dinner, and cook unassisted for my family. I am not a cook, so this is a BIG goal for me and one that I know will be a huge turning point for me. Hmmm I purchased the goods for 3 meals but Muscle Man made them. I made Banana Bread. Totally Failing here too.. UGH!
- Muscle Man and I will reduce intake of alcohol and sweets until mid May in preparation for my Marathon on May 2nd and his first 1/2 Marathon mid May. FAIL again.... JEEZ need to re-evaluate.
- I will find ways to curb my appetite and avoid boredom eating. Eating for fuel whenever possible. C- I have started to eat fruits, veggies and yogurt instead of BAD snacks, but I still eat when I am bored.
- All these Eating changes should result in a trimmer waistline and goal weight of 175 on Marathon day in May. FAIL- held at 183 on race day.
- My running will be less about "ME" and more about "WE." PR's are fine and dandy, but what are they really without someone to share them with? I have always been the Coach type and a Motivator. I TRULY believe that taking the focus off myself and placing it with my partner will make the experiences more enjoyable. Race Plan below. My goal is to run 1,333+++ miles in 2010 with a minimum of 333 miles WITH others. B+- Through Fleet Feet and running buddies I have some major buddy miles going on. I hope to pace and motivate at Rock N Roll Seattle.
- Work hard and smart through my Fleet Feet MARATHON training cycle to prepare for a Boston Qualifying Effort in the Eugene Marathon on May 2nd. I know I can do this and I REALLY REALLY want to!! I LOVE LOVE Half Marathons, once I Qualify for and run Boston (2011), I plan to take a rest from Marathon focus and hunt down a Half PR. DONE on the BQ. Half Marathon PR hopefully in 2010.
- Race for a sub 21:00 5K. In order to do this I will need to work on my core ab strength, legs and arms. I will lift with Muscle Man minimum of 1 day a week and incorporate abs 3 days a week. FAIL- I have not lifted or done abs... UGH!! Once Marathons are done in late June I need to get in the GYM and get buff, then RACE 5K's this summer.
- I will Run to raise money for a charity. This year I am going PINK to raise money for Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer. Look for fundraising efforts soon.. DONE and thanks to EVERYONE for your support!!
- My attitude toward my weakness HILLS will be a positive attitude. I WILL NOT COMPLAIN about hills. If you catch me complaining about hills email or comment and I will mail you $1. This is going well, I embraced the hills during training and it paid off.
There you have it.. Those were my goals at the start of 2010. Looks like I need to reassess and come up with a mid-year action plan. Will post the updated Goals Soon.. And I would like to APOLOGIZE to the Tall Mom 1,000+++ Club and anyone who wants to join. I will get back on track with the motivational emails and ideas to keep you moving.. Look for a 1,000+++ Giveaway soon.
- How are you feeling mid-way through 2010? What would you like to accomplish before the Fireworks of 2011?