The rules are to post 7 things about myself and pass on the 15 bloggers.. FUN!1
7 Things about Tall Mom:
1. This past year I have made some truly great friends through blogging and running. This network of pals is growing by the minute and I feel so BLESSED!!! I can hardly wait until June 25th to meet Bloggers near and far in Seattle!!! The EVITE to carbo night goes out this week. If you are running or spectating Seattle Rock N Roll and have not received info please email me.
2. Our youngest son is named after a place that my Dad took us growing up to find edible mushrooms and my Dad. Whenever we got to visit or drive past the sign it makes me smile. If we have another baby I would have to stick with the WA city names, since Little Stud #1 is also a WA city name....UGH! If it is a girl...hmmm Lacey is a pretty name??
3. I love black and white photography, I spent hours in the dark room in college. I once took a photo of a bucket of baseballs... Before I took the photo I went up the the coach, my roommate's Dad, and said "Can I take a picture of your balls?" RED FACE!!! Yes I am that cool. Good news is my artsy prof loved the photo, as much as he did not want to. VICTORY for the humiliation.
4. My favorite distance is 10 miles. If I had time and could run 10 miles every day I would. Not sure what it is about double digits. Hmmmm....maybe it is time for a Tall Mom Ten Miler.... Takers?
5. I feel like I am VERY CLOSE to something big... Just have not figured out what that big thing is yet. But I hold hope that I will figure it out soon :) And when I do?? I will be sure to share.
6. I will not, should not, could not and do not watch scary, suspenseful, war, gore or horror movies. NO THANKS! Even the commercials freak me out. The closest thing to scary I watch is Ghost Whisperer...LOL.. and I have to watch that with the lights on an Muscle Man in close proximity. Yes I am a BIG scardy-cat!
7. I think everyone should own and wear bright colors shoes. I personally own bright pink and green and LOVE them. a cool pair of shoes can spice up an outfit and be fun.
Tag You're It.... 15 Bloggy buddies:
1. Zoe- She is so funny and going to be a GREAT Mom!
2. Amanda- She just makes me smile
3. Jill- So proud of her and her FIRST Marathon
4. Janna- My Fleet Feet running partner
5. Kerrie- I love how hard she tries!
Those who helped me BQ:
1. Emily- This fasty ran 16 miles with me and planted the BQ confidence seed.
2. Aron- Her knowledge about training plans, fuel and race prep were AMAZING!
3. Katie- Even in tax season she would send me tips and ideas
4. Jill- Free advice from a running coach. AWESOME I only wish we would have connected on my trip to colorado.
5. Bethany- Her pre-race email pep talk was just what I needed
Bloggie Buddies I Can't Wait to Meet:
1. Marlene- I pick her up at the airport on 6/24!! And she is staying with us!!
2. Amanda- 26.2 with her at Rock N Roll!
3. TMB- She loves WA so she id bound to bring her awesome socks and skirts style to visit.
4. Lacey- My bloggy little sister, I wanted to BQ to meet Lacey :)
5. Stacie- Local blogger I have not met yet.. Soon!!
My in-laws are in town for the day. I am hoping to get in a quick run. Then Sunday I will do my LONG RUN with my friend Corey who I have not seen in AGES!! Catching up with a friend and running new paths, AWESOME Sunday!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!