I will be running 21.2 (Gotta embrace the .2 people) miles tomorrow for my weekly Long Run with Fleet Feet. My little crazy haired buddy the Lioness and hopefully my friend Corey will keep me at pace. I generally want to hit my long runs at sub 9's overall, but I also know I NEED to get more time on my feet. My pace goal is 9:00-9:15. Next week I have 22 miles with 6 miles tempo at the end, I am REALLY looking forward to that workout!!
Today is 4/2. Eugene is on 5/2. 1 month to Marathon Redemption and my BQ attempt!! I feel soooo ready. I almost wish the race were this weekend. For the next month this is my focus:
1. Determine race outfit, socks and gear.
2. Practice race fueling and water to avoid race day tummy issues.
3. Visualize the pace, visualize success and train my body to hit 8:23 or faster consistently.
4. All positive thoughts!!
5. Use long runs as dress rehearsals.
6. Find the PERFECT BQ Playlist and share with others.
7. Rest, Ice and Refuel. This month I need to focus on treating my body well to avoid injury and illness. This means getting to bead earlier, eating quality food, taking my vitamins and listening to my body.
8. Learn the course and position my race fans. Muscle Man, Tall Grandpa and Tall Grandma (my parents) will be coming to cheer me on. Hoping to have them a choice locations along the course for inspiration.
9. Ask Questions. I am still a new runner and VERY green to the Marathon. If I have a question I am going to ask it....so look out Bloggies, I will be flooding your inbox.
10. HAVE FUN! Enjoy the rest of the training becuase I can never get this time back and it will be here before I know it.
High Five Racing & Events:
BLANK?? Who is racing???
I know lots of Runners are in Taper and LONG run madness mode... Preparing for Boston, Big Sur, Oklahoma City and more... Please email me so I don't miss giving you a HIGH FIVE in the weeks to come.
High Five VOTE PLEASE:
Amanda is 1 of 10 finalists for the Progresso Souper you contest. There will be 3 grand prize winners. The winners will travel to NYC for a makeover and new wardrobe. She has lost over 105lbs in the last 2 years and is about to run my 3rd half marathon!! This Bloggy Sweetheart is in desperate need of a makeover & clothes! She posted about the contest on my blog HERE, please check it out and go VOTE!! The voting lasts until April 12th
High Five Congrats:
Happy Runner is prego with Baby #2
Shawna- New 5K PR!!
Stacie- Ran her first ultra with 33 miles!!!
High Five Giveaways & Raffles:
**Please tell them Tall Mom Sent you
Marlene- Kids with Cancer Camp Fundraiser Ends 5/2
Happy Runner- Run Like a Mother Book Ends 4/5
TMB- Moving Comfort Bra Ends 4/8
Momma Twitch- 1/2 Marathon Giveaway Ends 4/3
Lazy Bones Running- Sherpani makeup bag Ends 4/11
She Runs Like a Girl- Swag Giveaway Ends 4/10
Running for Good- Bondibands ends 4/4
Random Chick- Book and Sunglasses Ends 4/12
Katye- Running Skirts Top Ends 4/10
Katie- Relay Giveaway Ends 4/11
Miss Zippy- Runervals DVD Ends 4/7
Tricia- Kettleworx Giveaway Ends tonight!
Erica- Ryders Sunglasses Ends tonight!
***Special thanks to Suzy, TMB and Marcia for always listing the Giveaways on their sidebars, that helps sooooo much with this list :) HUGS!!
***If you would like to be added to one of the lists above, or start a new list, let me know and I will LINK you in (as soon as I can).. Also, if you have something coming up for a FUTURE High Five Friday, email me HERE and I will add it to the Tall Mom calendar….If you give me the info you may end up getting a HIGH FIVE or two, or three…
HIGH FIVE it's Friday!!!
Do you, or anyone you know, deserve a High Five today? Let me and others know, leave a comment :)