1. I should have picked one race distance.. OOPS!! Does everyone want to chose the 10K option?? Hmmmmm??
2. As a Virtual Race I should have allowed people to run any day of the weekend. Thankfully I can fix that one...
TALL MOM RACE for the CURE
WHEN: Friday-Sunday March 27, 2010
DISTANCE(S): 5K or 10K (CHANGED)
COST: $15.00 tax deductible donation to Tall Mom Fundraising page HERE If you would like to give more please see Donation info above.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Go to the Fundraising Page HERE and Donate.
- Send Tall Mom an email with your name, Blog address (if applicable) and distance you plan to run/walk. Please let me know if you are running to dedicate to anyone.
- Comment on this post to let Tall Mom know you are in!! Please spread the word and invite ANYONE to join. You do not need to have a Blog to join in the fun. Family, friends, neighbors, all are Welcome to this Virtual Event.
- Chose your course, Pin on your bib and RUN!! When you are done email Tall Mom the pictures, link to race report and your finish time.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?:
- The satisfaction of donating to Susan G. Komen for the Cure and a tax deduction for 2010.
- Every Racer will be linked/listed on Tall Mom blog. There will be special "Yearbook Style" prizes for best costume, most creative way to spread the word, biggest group, etc..
- All participants will be entered to WIN a prize...more info about the prize soon.
PS. If you can't enter today no worries. We live on one income and I understand how money can be tight. Entry to the Race will be accepted until 3/26.
PPS. Please email me at tallmomontherun (@) hotmail if you have any questions.
AND the RUNNERS are:
Ashley- 5K or 10K
*Donated in memory of her Grandmother.
Dedicated to all her friends who have survived breast cancer
Erica- 10K (first)
Erica H.- 5K
I would like to do it in honor of my Mother-in-law, Dorothy. She is a breast cancer survivor
Katie A- TBD Distance
I want to run a race this year for the American Cancer Society in honor of my late FIL who died last year and our other good friend who was just diagnosed with terminal kidney cancer.
Dedicated to her mom and grandma both who beat breast cancer
A Cancer Survivor!!
MCM Mama- TBD Distance
This race will be ran in honor of my aunt who has battled breast cancer TWICE and won and to my friend Vicki whom we lost 2 days ago to cancer.
Running for our friend Lynette's grandma, my mom's friend's sister, and my husbands grandma!
I'll run in honor of my mother in law Diane, who is battling breast cancer, and her sister Cathy, who is a breast cancer survivor.
Teacher Woman- TBD Distance
My grandma passed away with breast cancer when I was 5
And there you have it.. If I have forgotten someone please let me know ASAP!!! I feel truly blessed that each of you have taken the time to donate to this amazing cause and you are EXCITED to run this Virtual race...