Running at 6am in High Altitude Beavercreek Colorado.
Treadmill PR!!! LOL!! The furthest I have ever run on a treadmill was 5 miles, I am not a treadmill runner. I woke at 5:45AM to get the the gym by 6AM to get my Long run in. Fitting it in this week will be tough. I HOPED for 16 but knew I would be happy with 10.
- Tall Mom gets on high tech treadmill and stares dumbfounded... Hmmmm.. manual start. Yippee the Kardasians are on the TV, shoot the headphone connection sucks. UGH! Switch treadmills.
- Set up water bottle, plug in headphones, manual start. Wait I need miles not time, UGH! Restart. No Kardashians, UGH! Settle for "Deep Blue". Run.
- Can't breath, UGH! I can see myself in the window because it is still dark out, UGH! Focus you can do this!! What does 7mph mean? How does this translate to pace? Can I wear my Garmin? Will it work? Who knows? STARE AT SCREEN!! Why are the miles passing so slow?
- Towel falls off and goes crashing to the floor... 3 miles in. I note the time, hit pause, get towel, get back on treadmill. Hit Quickstart, it restarts, UGH!
- Adjust back to miles, continue watching lame movie with a lot of fighting and diving under water for far more time than humanly possible. Feel like I am breathing under water.
- Hitting a good stride, suddenly stomach feels horrible.. UGH! I want to get my 5++ miles for the Cassie's Virtual relay (Who knew I would get booted from the team for the FAST Shelly). Hit Pause, pause lasts 60 seconds, where is the bathroom?? Almost went in the Men's, UGH!
- Back to treadmill to start over (AGAIN) quickstart, people are starting to fill the Resort gym. I switch from 7mph to 6.8mph, I am sucking wind, darn altitude, UGH!
- Beautiful snow and a heated pool just outside the window. The man I thought was standing still in a cowboy hat in the dark is a statue, DER UGH!
- STARE at miles, come on!! Why is this taking sooooo long? Movie over, watch interview with USA figure skater, why didn't they show his performance? Must have missed it. UGH!
- Change the channel to Roesanne... Wow this show is stupid but I only have energy to run not to change the channel again. UGH!
- SOOOO close... I am tired and I want to be done.. 3....2....1... STOP! Victory, some dude is staring at me and wants the treadmill although there are 3 others open, UGH!
- Done, but I forgot to take a picture, UGH! Boring post, check!!
- Later in the day visit the concierge for info on running outside.. DOWN a huge hill and either run back up for take a bus back to the top.. Hmmmm UGH!
So that was my first experience and as rough as it was and with all the "UGHS" I am very proud of myself and would not trade a minute, well maybe the minutes restarting the darn machine.
LESSON: You will never regret running, but you will regret the run you don't get done.
HAPPY MONDAY and
WELCOME to MARCH!