Stats for 3/8:
Cold day a storm was trying to come in and brought the wind. I felt tired and mentally out of it.
I was texting with Amanda hoping I could recruit her to run my makeup LONG run with me. Unfortunately it did not work out, Amanda maybe you can come for a midweek run again?? Hmmmm.. I was in for a solo Rolling Hill run in my neighborhood. Once Little Stud #2 was down for a nap I laced up and was ready to MOVE!!
Not to bore you with the details my 15 miles will be summed up in the form of counts ENJOY:
18++- Beautiful Pink trees already in Bloom, Spring is coming!!
1- Man wearing University of Washington head to toe and walking a Husky, die hard fan, LOL!
3- Hawks flying gracefully in the sky.
8- Stops for cars, stoplights, road crossings, etc. (I do not like stopping!!)
1- Nekkid Semi spotting (Sorry Zoe I could not get a photo)
4- Big Hills to slow me down and text my quads.
9- Thoughts about quitting and calling Muscle Man to come pick me up.
6- Negative Nancy crept in my head and told me that there is no way I am strong enough or fast enough to BQ.
1- Half Marathon done in 1:56:14, not shabby for a hilly run on a rough day.
23++- Teenagers walking home from Junior high:
- 1- Girl who pushed her boyfriend in my path
- 1- Boy who asked me what the design was on my shirt
- 1- Boy doing bike tricks in the middle of the road
- 10++- Kids who blocked the path with zero regard for me running their direction.
- 2- Pretty girls with confidence who actually smiled at me
- 23++- Teenagers who are totally WEIRD!!
100++- Times I wish that I could throw my Nike phone arm band, it was driving me CRAZY! I need a belt ASAP to hold my junk. Any recomendations?
15.1- Rough miles that I tackled!! This run tested my mental toughness. I wanted to quit so many times, but I toughed it out and kept moving. IF Marathon training were easy everyone would do it!!
CONGRATS to all the race finishers this weekend. Wow do I have some fun race reports to read tonight. A bunch of PNW running bloggers will be running the Mercer Island Half on 3/21, which is just 12 days away!! YIPPERS!!
- Was your Mental Toughness tested this weekend? How did you power through?
- Any good stories about encounters with WEIRD teenagers while running?