137- Sex place
Just look at this start line!!! It was PACKED!!!
One picture before the race that I did not get posted on my race report. LOL I sorta snuck in. I also forgot to mention that Janna (lioness) from my Fleet Feet training ran a PR at Mercer and beat me by less than 20 second!! she wanted a sub 2 hour so we did not run together... UGH!!
I crossed the finish line to no-one waiting for me.... this is VERY DIFFERENT!! Normally Muscle Man is there with a hug and a smile. I nearly fell over when I had my timing chip cut off then pulled myself together to go UPHILL to the food and water. I went to the North Side of the tent, not realizing the line was the other way... OOPS! Got an orange, bagel piece and grabbed a bunch of waters for my girls.
- Then I sat down to text everyone and get status updates. I was tired, beat up and LONELY!! Just then I got a text from Amanda with her time, she had done what I ALWAYS knew she could do!!! She got her coveted sub 2 hour PR and on her birthday!!! My forlorn tired attitude instantly turned and I was filled with JOY!!
I stood up, turned to the tent and there was my friend.... Smiles, tears and one of the BEST HUGS I have had in a long time. It is amazing to know someone can do something, then be with them just after they have done it. We both cried and I was the first to say a heartfelt "I told you so!!" My plan was to pace her for this race, but she did not think she could do it so she told me to run my race. I think the truth was she NEEDED to do it alone.
- Amanda went to find her friends and little buddy and I headed to the Finish line to greet my girls. I had no energy to cheer. As I stood there so very macho, young and fit looking dudes were chatting. "I got a PR buddy I ran a 2:01." Running still baffles me, I am a mother of 2 and I just beat a pack full of macho, fit and muscle bound men, PRIDE SWELLED inside.
Then I saw my little Zoe (In her tank top and running skirt CRAZY!!), followed by Kerrie and Jill. I handed them the waters I had stashed and we all headed up the Hill. SO EXCITED to be with my girls!! As we hung out and chatted about our races Sarah and her brother (did not catch his name oops) who had just run his FIRST Half and is now addicted. Sarah is adorable and I was sooo glad to meet her!! Amanda's buddy Jessica offered to take a group shot.. Enjoy the progression below:
Posed and CUTE!!
Posed with Little Buddy
Silly Charlie's Angel pose. Sarah wins for the cutest..LOL!!
Ummmm who thought it was a good idea to jump after a hilly half?? Jill and Kerrie win for best vertical. Note Tall Mom can't jump :)
It did not rain the entire race, bust just as we snapped the last photo it started to POUR buckets. So we all sprinted to change and meet up at Red Robin. Jill and I found a family restroom in the community center and got pretty, as pretty as we could be after a Half Marathon.
Red Robin and Princess PR opened her gifts from her little buddy.
Love my Jilly.. I am a dork and totally forgot that we have known each other since Elementary school.. Hmmmm little Tall Mom and Jill photo to come very soon. I was STARVED but once the food came could barely eat.
Birthday girl and pretty Zoe. We sat there for a couple hours and just chatted. We have a BLAST when we are together!
- LESSONS LEARNED:
- 1. When you get to a race and the bag check has no line, check your bag!!
- 2. Next go look at the Start Line so you have an idea of the crowd and when you should get there. We stood around and made it to the PACKED start a couple minutes before the race. UGH!
- 3. Wearing less clothing is best because you WILL heat up during the race. I FINALLY got this right and was very comfortable.
- 4. Always warm-up because then you can make sure your shoes are tight enough and all gear is in place. My shoe was too lose and drove my CRAZY most of the race.
- 5. Wear a pace band if you are hoping for a PR. Doing Math while running is not easy.
That is about all I have for now :) I had an AMAZING Interval run yesterday. Will tell you all about it tomorrow.