Stats for 2/24:
Relaxing run in the rain with Amanda on my lunch hour.
- It worked out perfectly that Amanda at 5 Miles to Empty had time to meet me on my lunch break!! She even arrived early, sooo proud of her! I was still plugging away when she texted, my head had not left my computer the whole day. Got to the Locker room and realized I had no idea what the weather was outside. Text again and Amanda is nearly a native Washintonian with her response "It's currently not raining but could at any moment." Boy was she right.
- I realized that we would be taking the bridge toward Kerrie's work, TOTALLY spaced and did not connect with her again. Less than perfect timing I texted her just before I darted out the door, no time for her response. We did not see her on the run, but I did show Amanda how to get to her work, so I helped a little. Sorry Kerrie!
- 7 miles can be BORING but is perfect with a buddy. I felt like a running tour guide showing Amanda all my fun places pictured on the post HERE. She even got to know my training hill, which I think she respected...not as easy as it looks. The hill is followed by a beautiful hidden Oasis, reward for the hard work.
- I just looked at my Dailymile.com account and realized that I have run 8 days in a row. How did I reach that quantity? Wow! Last week I wanted to test running 6 days in a week and sorta lost count. I have not had any soreness or burnout, crazy right? Guess I can up the days on my plan. I know that the body needs rest, but it is very good to realize that I can push a little more than I have been. Maybe from 4 to 5 or 6 days a week.
- There was a lady in some high quality gear....tough! She was running hair down and in jeans. Wow! Props. Not sure what she was running away from or toward, but she look determined. I will never run in Jeans, ouch! Course she probably thought I looked pretty silly running in bright orange short sleeved shirt in the winter... hey I got hot!! Pretty sure Zoe is rubbing off on me, or maybe I am getting tough, who knows? Guess the chills of Colorado will be the true test.
- Each and every training run this Marathon training cycle has been high quality. With just over 2 months to my "A" race in Eugene and a BQ attempt I am feeling very strong and very confident. It may not happen on that day, but not for lack of effort and focus on my part. I truly feel that having partners to run with has made the training so much more fun...so THANKS to all my amazing buddies!
R- Rain/Running Skirt/Real
- Toward the end of our lovely run the RAIN came pouring down, buckets really. UGH! Some days I luck out, not today. thank goodness I wore my hat. I truly don't mind the rain, especially when it holds off for most the the 7 miles. We posed for a post Run photo...not too shabby for after an hour of running.
- I loved Amanda's outfit, her running skirt was very cute. I still do not own a Running Skirt from the Running Skirt Twins, I would love to try one. Hey maybe I can win one from Tricia HERE Giveaway ends 2/26. Not sure at my height if I could pull it off, I am more of a spandex girl for comfort....and I just got 2 new pairs of Sugoi (HERE) tights to test...YIPPERS!
- There has been some speculation that the trail photographed for my article is fake. I assure you it is very real. The bright green moss is growing and taking over the pavement and is pretty darn slippery. Below are a couple photos of Amanda, no photoshop involved, just a very cool trail!!
- HAPPY THURSDAY!
***If you would like to Donate to Susan G. Komen and the efforts to fight Breast Cancer please visit my Marathon for the Cure donation page HERE. Any and all denominations will help toward this amazing cause.. With the generous donations thus far I have reached 44% of my goal to get to $1,5oo. THANKS!!!