Stats for 2/18:
Clear day but very windy, pressed for time and a little stressed. Hill repeats.
- There are some runs where it feels like I am just going through the motions, today was one of those days. My whole body hurt and I could not find my speed. It is days like this that truly test my mental toughness, the "Wall" is a real thing so I need to train to climb over it.
- My Hill repeat workouts are tough, with BQ mentality I tackle them as best I can. Today was 14 x 200 meters with 2 minutes erst between sets. Trouble was I was running late so I was in motion the whole time. Although I was not exactly SPRINTING up, I did not take 2 minutes to rest between sets.
- With the Sunshine award (will be passing it along soon) and all the comments on the Running Essentials Giveaway HERE, and donations to Breast Cancer HERE, I was in a happy mental state. There is so much I want to do to PROVE myself in running, I want to keep upward motion toward my goals. So I have been really looking at my training plan and asking others for input. I am hoping to have my Tall Mom Marathon plan done ASAP so I can stop stressing.
- Lately it seems like I never have time to fit in a good stress free run. I got out the door late and I knew I had a meeting to get back to. I leave for a business trip very soon and I am already stressing about not being able to get in my Marathon training.
- At repeat 7 I thought I was on 8, it is VERY easy to lose count. Oh how I wanted to just be on 8. But I am a RULE FOLLOWER, just ask Zoe, even in a Free Race I am anal. If I can complete the workout I will I never give up, so I did ALL 14 repeats.
- Mid way through the workout I felt a PAIN I have never felt before. Shooting pain from my left shoulder blade to the top of my neck. OUCH! It hurt but I kept going. Later that night Muscle Man massaged the area, he could tell I was in extreme pain, nothing made it feel better. Being the Muscle Man that he is, he quickly knew the cause of my problem. Somehow I have strained or irritated my Trapezius muscle (see picture below) on the left side. I iced and took some Tylenol. Any ideas on how to make this feel better??
- When I started my repeats I thought about doing an over and back. The hill I run on has two sides, I usually stick to one side because it has a clear finish line for the .12 and the pitch is less vertical. My first 2 repeats I ran up the TOUGH side. I observed two men, not together, but each had the cheesiest grin when they saw me. What is that about? Maybe they were thinking "Why is the tall chick in bright pink running up this hill? Glad I am not her."
- Do you ever observe all the TRASH on the side of the road. It really urks me!! People really? There was a smashed paper cup at the bottom of my hill, it annoyed me to no end and I told myself I would kick it to the side when I was done. The WIND was rough on this workout, on my way back down repeat 11 the paper cup has been blown away. Oh thank you Mr. Wind, I was OCD fixated on that cup.
- Do you ever have the feeling you are being watched? My hill is near some business that has semi trucks wait for 10-30 minutes before entering. The man in the truck observed me through his rear view, DUDE!! find something to do, this almost made me switch to the TOUGH hill, almost :)
***Tomorrow is High Five Friday. Leave a comment or Email me if you have a race, event, birthday, giveaway, etc :)