Stats for 2/10:
Raining and cold, hill repeats 12 x 200M sprints. I could not get the tangles out of my hair after my run. I had to put my hair in a bun because I did not have time to TAME the tangled mess.
J- "Just Do It!"
- The catch phrase from Nike has always made me smile and want to conquer the world. Today I looked outside and saw the rain pouring down. Hmmmm?? Hill sprints in the rain? "Just Do it!" Many of my Bloggy land buddies are tromping through mounds of snow, I can't let a little rain deter me. But it was COLD!! About 38' and I forgot to wear my gloves and ear cover…. BRRRRR! My feet gripped the wet pavement and I did not let the weather stop me.
- As I stretched and turned on my Ipod no go!! I should "Just do it" and buy a new one. I just love my first generation Ipod Shuffle so much, UGH!! I need my music, it helps me keep pace and have something outside myself to focus on. Today I could hear my wet hair hitting my Patagonia jacket.
- I was struggling with worry about trying to raise $1,500 for Marathon for the Cure. I emailed Marlene to ask her 2 cents, she gave me a virtual pep-talk (THANKS BUDDY) and I decided to "Just Do it!" Between now and 6/26, or until I make my $1,500 goal, I am hoping that my Bloggy friends, family and neighbors will help me with the AMBITIOUS goal! I am new to the fundraising game, so any advice is welcome :)
K- Knee and Keep
- Since I started running my big question mark has always been my Knee. I tore my ACL playing basketball in 2001 and had ACL and meniscus surgeries in 01 and 03. Today my knee still swells at times and I know when I have done too much. Today as I sprinted up HILLS I felt that both my legs were giving equally. I was not favoring my "weak leg." Hey maybe I no longer have a weak leg??
- Up and down and up and down 12 times. Yes I did 12 x 200m hill repeats, and I did not internally complain once SUCCESS!! I am keeping a positive attitude and it is translating to some pretty amazing Hill workouts!
- To 'People Watch' while I run keeps me going. Today had no shortage of characters. The man sitting in his semi truck with the engine running, smoking, then cleaning his finger nails, then adjusting his mirror to STARE at me, then smoking, then cleaning his finger nails. Another semi driver who barely spoke English, ran across the road and handed me a little wet paper, looking for "Powell St." I have been asked 5 times while running for directions, this is the first time I have not been able to help out. Then there were two guys in cotton hooded sweatshirts in the pouring rain fixing a chain link fence, umm Coats?? HELLO!! Those sweatshirts had to be saturated from the pouring rain.
- This is the week of LOVE. Hearts, chocolates and flowers everywhere. I saw on facebook that people are posting picture of their Valentine.. So I thought it would be FUN to pull a photo out of the archives. Me and My Muscle Man Love, back when he was Metabolism Man :) I am still amazed at the transformations that we both have gone through the past 8++ years we have been together! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you honey every day of the year, not just on the Hallmark Holidays!!
- I realized today that I LOVE to focus on pushing the power to my toes. My training plan says "Focus on powerful toe-off" so I did. When I really think about my legs, arms, toes, form, I have machine-like, POWER! It is when I let my form go that I lose my strong stride.
- I LOVE the wonderful folks who have donated to my efforts to raise $1,500 for Marathon for the Cure HERE. Lisa (First!! You will be getting a little treat in the mail), Hannah, Stephanie and Darlene.. LOVE YOU! And thank you soooo much!! With $190 raised the first day I am 13% of the way to my Goal!!!
PS. For Fun post your comment in J K L Format
***Tomorrow is High Five Friday. Leave a comment or Email me if you have a race, event, birthday, giveaway, etc :)