For FUN I will be posting my mid-week training Runs in the form of ABC bullet topics with 3 bullets for each letter. Gives me something to think about during my run. Next week will be JKL and so on… Can you tell I am a MOM??
Stats for 2/4:
Tempo Miles- 7:34, 7:45, 7:41 and 7:58
Solo tempo run, slight wind, Ipod died, head cold and congestion.
- I am grateful that I have amazing running gear. My new Brooks shoes are working amazing and I had a total Brooks outfit to match. I am sooo funny because I love to match, even down to brands, course I could never afford it so I am so THANKFUL for the amazing companies who send me gear to test.
- Those in Washington should be counting their blessings because the weather this winter has been SUPER! We have not had snow, rain, or cold temps, it has been mild at best. The perfect weather for Marathon training. Today there was a slight wind, but nothing major. I could have worn a t-shirt AGAIN!
- I am going to sound like a broken record but when I run solo I realize just how fortunate I am to have running partners. The miles pass so much quicker and I hardly notice my legs moving. Today I was alone with my thoughts, my Negative Nancy thoughts...why is it that when my buddies are gone Nancy tries to be my friend?
- When I put on my Ipod and hit play....I heard NOTHING.. UGH really?? I thought about switching my Tempo run to Friday because a solo tempo run without music did not sound like fun. Then I thought "What if this happens on race day?" And I pushed through. I did not like listening to my breathing and not having music to pass the time. But I made due and toughed it out.
- At one point I heard some construction team guys along the railroad tracks playing on their PA system.. Ummm?? Get to work peeps!!
- It is still VERY hard to believe that I am here, less than 3 months from my Marathon and working my way through a tough tempo run. This is tough and will not get any easier, but I am doing it and I know that the result will be worth every ounce of sweat I shed along the way.
- My new BORING 7 mile route is an out and back on a LONG straight path. There is nothing interesting to look at, train tracks, warehouses, swelling mud puddles, fences, roads, etc... I believe that this trail will be part of the Million Inch Run (15.78 miles) that a bunch of local bloggy buddies will be running on 2/13, I am guessing that I will have much more interest in the trail when Zoe is with me.
- Interesting Annoyances:
- Dry Lips
- Strange sweat build up on my inner-elbows (is there a medical name for that part of the body?)
- Side ache- WTH? Why am I still getting side aches
- Left arm hurt from mile 4.5 on? OUCH!
- Walkers who take up the entire trail.. UGH!
- Interesting Sights:
- Lady in her late 60's riding a bike FAST! Dressed and riding like a 20 year old.
- A runner who had one normal arm and one arm that bowed out... like he was ready to take someone out with a quick hit. Not sure how he runs like that?? He looked like he was trying to block out for a rebound in basketball, would not like to try to pass him in a race.
- Hawk in a nest flying down to catch prey on the ground.
- Man running up the bridge as I passed under. Where does the bridge go? Must explore.
- Girl wearing a maroon work suite, black tights, bright pink gloves and white Nikes... I laughed when I realized the crazy dressed woman was a friend of mine :) Funny thing is she is an amazing dresser.
Overall this Tempo run was a success!! Next up a RELAXED training run with AC and High Five Friday.
PS. For Fun post your comment in G H I Format