This is the day I dedicate to all things I review...
Living, Eating and Running...
Nicholas Sparks (HERE) is my FAVORITE author. Tall Grandma and I have read all of his books, I own the collection in hard back. Imagine my delight when I viewed the trailer for the newest Nicholas Sparks book turned movie "Dear John." From the previews the casting looks spot on and I can hardly wait!! (Charity are you in??) Many of Nicholas Sparks books have been made into feature films, and I have not always been thrilled with the film rendition.. Here is a quick review, let me put my CRITIC hat on.
- The Notebook: This is the BEST romance movie, if you have not seen it go buy it, and buy Kleenex at the same time. Although it is not 100% along the lines of the book the casting was great. The story line was compelling and the costumes, LOVED THEM!!
- A Walk to Remember: I am a Mandy Moore fan so I loved this movie. It has the flare of a teenie bopper flick, but if you dig deeper it has a message of living life to the fullest.
- Message in a Bottle: PUKE!! Three Thumbs down! I read the book and saw the movie a few weeks later. Kevin Costner is BLAND at best and the chemistry between the main characters does not work.
- Nights in Rodanthe: I didn't care for this book as much as others, so the movie was just OK. Richard Gere can never be anything but a Lawyer picking up a call girl to me. Diane Lane had the same distant and pouty look most of the movie. If you are bored and it is on TV give a watch, but overall not the best.
Oops he did it again! I bought all the fixins to make Manicotti, I LOVED eating my Grandma's Manicotti growing up. I have a goal to cook a new recipe once a month. Well when I got sick last week Muscleman took over. It was AMAZING!! We have a great basic recipe book at home, will look up the title and review soon. I am sure there are many many recipes on the Internet, just google it..
Debbie Macomber Recipes (HERE):
Debbie Macomber is a Washington writer. Tall Grandma has lent me copies of some great books. I recently visited her website to find RECIPES! This author loves to EAT! I have yet to try any but I love that she asks readers to submit recipes and features them on her website.
Have you ever heard of such a thing? Well through a connection at work I received information about some great local FREE Races. I quickly passed the details on to my local bloggy running buddies and I am 333% sure that most of us will be running the "Million Inch Run" on February 13th. The total mileage is 15.78, no shirts, medals or anything, but hey its FREE! Will give you a full report next month.
My Fleet Feet Marathon training plan for Marathon #2 EUGENE (HERE) is in a plastic bound notebook. Each week has it's own page with plenty of room to write notes. I completed my first Tempo run yesterday:
1.5 Warm up- 8:45 pace (little faster than plan)
3.0 Tempo Pace (7:56-8:06)- 7:50. 7:57. 8:04
1.5 Cool-down- 9:17
This tempo run was BLISS!! I am not 100% sold on the out and back LONG STRAIGHTAWAY route, but it takes me past the Dreyers Icecream factory and yesterday they were cooking something that smelled like coffee and waffle cones.. YUMMERS!! It was 53++ outside, I overdressed but who knew it would feel like Spring? The sun was shinning and Mount Rainier was in full glory. LOVED IT!
Tall Mom Thoughts:
- 4 days a week is perfect for me
- I LOVE LOVE the Friday run followed by Saturday Long run, I feel like this will prepare my legs for the fatigue factor on race day.
- With a mixture of tempo runs and hill training, mixed with the slower paced mid week runs, I feel this plan is totally easy to follow.
- I have just one, so far, and this is not really even a gripe. The whole run slower to go faster thing BAFFLES me! I have virtual chatted with many bloggies about this. As a former Basketball player I am used to practicing at GAME SPEED. How am I supposed to run an 8:20 pace for 26.2 miles when I practice my Long Runs at 9:17-9:40 pace?? Just one of the MANY MANY things I need to learn about running.
TALL MOM APPROVED
- Happy Tuesday!
***Have you found any GREAT products lately?