Living, Eating and Running
Koala Luxe Baby Blanket (HERE):
When I was pregnant with Little Stud #1 my Grandma gave us a blanket. She said that the lady at the store told her it was the BEST!! At the time I had no idea that this blanket would be my go-to purchase for baby showers. Little Stud #2 (our blankie boy) has this blanket in Navy Blue and it is just as soft today as it was when purchased after many many washes. The price tag is a little high $25ish after tax. But for the quality and durability it is 333% worth every penny. Not sure what to buy for a baby shower, now you know :)
Now that I have the goal to cook 12 new meals in 2010 I realize just how EASY it is to find recipes. On Blogs, in magazines, from friends, etc.. If you ever need an idea to mix up your weekly menu just tell people! It is amazing how fast you will get recipes. I LOVE IT!! Any bloggies out there have a recipe recommendation email me :)
Brooks EZ-T (HERE):
If you have followed Tall Mom for a while you have noticed a trend. Nearly every race and many training runs you will find me in a grey, orange or blue Brooks EZ-T. I LOVE LOVE these shirts. Made of high quality dry-fit material, designed with a long waist and very cute style. This time of year it seems funny to talk about T-shirts but this shirt is great as a base layer under a jacket, or over a long sleeve shirt. With fun colors and CUTE Epiphany shorts to match, you too will love Brooks EZ-T's.
Speaking of EZ-T's I wore my "Run Happy" shirt on my first Treadmill run yesterday. It was pouring buckets yesterday and I am not feeling well so I opted to run inside with my co-worker I call Zen Runner. I have run on a Treadmill before, but not in a LONG TIME.
Things I liked:
- Will be great for speed work
- There are functions for hill training
- May be a good way to teach my body to run at a consistent pace
- Avoided the rain and kept my new shoes clean.
- I felt like I was going to fall off.
- It is HOT running inside, even under a fan I was baking
- The Treadmill in our gym faces a BIG Mirror. I do not like watching myself while I run!!
- With all the bells and whistles I got intimidated and just hit the manual setting, it took me a few minutes to figure out my pace.
- HOW DO YOU TREADMILL RUNNERS DO THIS? I love being outside.
***Today I am at 38.1 miles for the year and 33 with buddies!! I hope all the 1,000+++ clubbers are recording your miles. With the goal of 2.73 miles a day, by the end of today you should be around 32.76 miles. If you are not don't fret, you have lots of time :)
- Any new products that you LOVE?? Let me know..