Welcome to the Tall Mom 1,000+++ Club, for those who strive to Run 1,000 and BEYOND in 2010.
The Rules are simple:
1. Run, walk, shuffle, or crawl 1,000 Miles or more+++ in 2010! Miles by the power of your feet (or hands, that would take effort).
2. Keep track of your miles, I am hoping to have a shared spreadsheet ready soon. Check in every quarter with your mileage to date posted on Tall Mom. First Check in is March 31st, so mark your calendar.
3. Post the Club logo (Above) with a link to this Post somewhere on your Blog. If you do not have a Blog be sure to let people know you are taking on this challenge so they WILL cheer you on as you go.
4. Make it to your goal by January 1, 2011 and you will be HANDSOMELY rewarded.. Prizes and sponsor information coming SOON, I have a whole year to get this ready so you know it will be BIG..
A little intimidated??
Break it down in simple Math
1,000/12 months in a year= 83.33 Miles per month
1,000/52 weeks in a year= 19.23 Miles per week
1,000/365 days in a year= 2.74 Miles per day
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Thank you for commenting to sign up on this post (HERE) .. I spent a LONG TIME last night updating the names and links, I know it is not very consistent. It will look better next Check-in. There are currently 64 people signed up!! WHAT?? Wow I was hoping for 10... Here are those up for the CHALLENGE in no order:
Jesse (Only Male in the group)
Jess (Your comment did not link to a Blog?)
Paige (Your comment did not link to a Blog?)
Army Wife 9
Bethany and Ryan
One Bad Runner
Run, Cook, Eat! -Christina
Minnesota Milage- Julie
Lazy Bones Running- Christina
Running Barefoot- Lauren
Mom Running from Cancer- Linda
A Bunch of BS- Sarah
5 Miles 2 Empty- Amanda
Let's Roll Mama- Michelle
Run Faster Mommy- Heather
Blonde Mom Runs
Running on My Time- Suzy
Running Through Life- KK
Age Groups Rock- AJH
No one said it was easy- Jen
Steph's 50 Marathon Challenge
Please let me know if I have spelled your name or Blog incorrectly. (I will list all blogs by First Name-Blog Name or abbreviated Blog Name in March.) To save me some time for future Club posts, Pretty Please, SEND ME AN EMAIL, from the email address best to keep in touch with you, with the following information send to tallmomontherun (@) hotmail :
Age and Birthday (If you care to share):
Quick Bio (will help me get to know you):
Blog Address: If applicable
Best ways to motivate you:
How often would you like to be contacted for inspiration? (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc):
Favorite incentive (medal, t-shirt, gift card, etc):
AND OFF WE GO+++ I am TRULY amazed by the number of people who have joined in the Fun. If you did not comment to sign up and are still interested please comment on this post and email me your info. CLUB IS NOW CLOSED as we have reached max capacity, please do not let this stop you for reaching for your goals.
- Funny story....I ran 4 miles yesterday wearing Spandex that were purchased to go under my High School Track shorts!! That means the spandex are from 1995, and still in pretty good shape. I had a little ANXIETY attack when I made my 2010 mileage spreadsheet. Starting over was ROUGH.. I am at 16.79 Miles so far and all miles with a partner..