Even as a running coach myself, preaching to all I train to run your long run slow, most do not. But you truly reap the benefits of recovering faster. The trick is to teach your body to run far, that's it. Now, you can, and I highly recommend, adding some Marathon Pace (MP) miles intermixed in your long run, somewhere in the middle, so your body adjusts to it. And every third week, I substitute a long run for MP run of about 11 miles so the body knows what to do. With taper, rest and carb loading, come race day, the legs just want to goooooo. But if they are overly tired from running too hard on long runs, they can't do it. Glycogen is key here and you don't want to run out too soon.
Thanks Jill!! I will follow the plan and mix in some MP miles..
While perusing the stores lately it is hard to miss the bright pink and red everywhere. Tell tale sign that Valentines Day is just around the corner.. I think that races where you are encouraged to wear costumes are FUN!! So here is my attempt at a Valentines costume, what you cant see is the cute Sweetheart socks I am wearing (Thanks Shelly).
Bloggy Pack member and Tall Mom friend TMB (HERE) can answer that question. TMB is STYLISH, so much so that she even impressed Bart Yasso with her recent race ensemble.. TMB is a busy Mom, Runner and entrepreneur. She is the owner of My Little Pink Dots (HERE) Today TMB and My Little Pink Dots will help you to complete your race ensemble, or possibly make a little lady you know very happy, by hosting a GIVEAWAY!!What will you win???
Your choice of Tutu in size ranging from 12 months to Adult. These adorable Tutus are perfect for costume use, pictures and dress up fun! They make great presents and are sure to be loved by girls (or boys?) small and big. With a Ribbon closure the tutu is sure to fit. Available in 3 lengths:
HOW DO YOU ENTER?
One comment for each entry PLEASE :)
- 1. Go visit My Little Pink Dots HERE and shop around. Come back and tell me which products you liked. If you purchase something let me know you will get 5 extra entries.
- 2. Become a Follower of My Little Pink Dots HERE or of TMB HERE. Leave a comment to let me know you clicked to Follow.
- 3. Become a FAN of the My Little Pink Dots Facebook Page HERE. Leave a comment.
- 4. Which tutu name (Pixie, Diva or Princess) best describes you and why? Leave a comment.
- 5. Post a link to this Giveaway on your Blog. Leave a comment.
- 6. What is your favorite tutu memory or story? Leave a comment.
Giveaway Ends and the WINNER will be announced next Wednesday 1/27.
**Today I have a 6 miler on my lunch break..so check me out on Dailymile.com later today for full details..