24.76 miles to 1,000 GOAL
COLD day with bright sun and lots of bird action.
After being TOTALLY Inspired by all the COMMENTS yesterday... I bundled up and headed toward the front door of the building, many of the ADULTs scoffed at the silly girl about to run in the WINTER CHILL. I am going to be training for a MARATHON in this weather I may as well get used to it. So I set out, cold at first but VERY comfortable after about a mile. My internal goal was to pace for sub 8 minute miles...ACHIEVED!!
The KEY reason I am not a Treadmill (Dreadmill) runner is because I LOVE Nature (Followed quickly by the fact that I am a 6'0 Goofus who would probably fall off and break every bone in my body). Yesterday did not disappoint. I saw something I have NEVER seen before. A group of nearly 100 Canadian Geese on the river. They were swimming in formation, perfect lines, much like the opening ceremonies in the Beijing Olympics. It was so simple and beautiful. How do they move so perfect, keep the spacing between and form symmetrical shapes?? Maybe the King of Canadian Geese is coming and they are getting ready, who knows, but it was breathtaking.
Overall I felt good, I am really trying to work on my pacing, and not STARE at my Garmin (which needs a name by the way). Here is a quick picture of my SCORE Gonzaga Hat $5 at Lids!! Love love love it...
And since we are talking about the Smells of Winter...oh wait, we weren't.. Bloggy Pack Member Janice (HERE) is a Scentsy Independent Consultant and has Kindly offered to host a GIVEAWAY!!!
****This is the start of the SEASON of GIVING on Tall Mom, with a few Giveaways hosted by Bloggy Pack Members....so Stay Tuned!!!
WHAT WILL YOU WIN??
Holly Plug in Warmer
And Scents Cinnamint & African Mahagony
One comment per entry Pretty Please
- 1. Go to Janice's Scentys shop HERE and look around. Let Janice know which Scentsy items you are interested in. Leave a Comment.
- 2. Buy something at her shop HERE and leave a comment to let us know what you bought.
- 3. Visit Janice's AWESOME running Blog HERE say Hello and tell her you entered her Giveaway and/or become a Follower. Leave a comment.
- 4. What is your favorite Winter Scent? Inside? and Outside? Leave a Comment.
- 5. Post a link to this Giveaway and/or to Janice's Shop on your Blog and Leave a Comment.
Many ways to enter and one WINNER.. Giveaway winner will be announced on Friday, December 18th in the AM.