LIVING, EATING and RUNNING..LIVING:
Cards at Trader Joe's:
While perusing Trader Joe's I came across their .99cent card section. HELLO!! These are not .99 cent cards. With blank insides I can fill every inch with fun messages and bad handwriting. Email me your address if you would like to join Tall Mom Random Cards, you never know when you might get a little something via Snail Mail.
Little Stud #1 had a few dollars from Tall Spokane Grandpa so he selected a Moon Sand set in the Clearance Section at Target. Our Tall Nephew has had Moon sand for years but I have never actually sat and played with it.. Here is the result, oh look at those dimples :)
Things I liked:
- So fun to play with feels like wet sand,
- This set had fun molds to create shapes like a little princess and castle bricks, I got to play out my cake decorating dreams.
- The Moon Sand does not get under finger nails like Playdo!!
- Both boys were totally entertained and relatively QUIET for about an hour.. WOOT!
- After the mess you can vacuum up the sand, Easy Peasy.
- The box says 3+ and I would agree, our little almost 2 year old made a MESS.
- The set should come with 2 mats, one for the builder-Little Stud #1 and one for the destroyer-Little Stud #2. Maybe this is just in my house
- There is not real way to keep the color separate, I am not a fan of mixed colors in playdo or clay either.
Muscle Man's family bought us a Nintendo Wii, totally cool gift. Right now we have 1 game and 1 controller, so it is hard to give a full review. What I do know is that TALL MOM IS VERY VERY BAD AT WII-ing!! I will learn I am sure but WOW! In real life I am very bad at Bowling, I will happily take last and cheer like a mad woman for the occasional LUCKY strike. I was even worse at Wii Bowling, LOL!!
Things I Liked:
- I love that this system gets kids off their feet to PLAY
- I love creating the Mii characters
- I love watching our little guy stand near the TV and cheer us on.
- I found the controller a little small and hard to hold.
- The $!! I cannot believe all of the extras that need to be purchased in order to have fun with this system. At $20-50 for each controller and game we will not be growing our Wii collection anytime soon.
Pink Grapefruit Tic-Tacs:
I saw these pretty pink mints at the check-out line and was intrigued. I am a Grapefruit fan so this was a SCORE!! The little minty/fruity pink bursts hit the spot and are great appetite suppressor. I get HUNGRY on my way home from work, it is probably more boredom than anything. With these in my bag I eat a few low cal mints and I feel satisfied. A STRANGE flavor but worth the ride. If you dont like Grapefruit you wont like these Tic-Tacs.
If you are not of drinking age or prefer not to drink adult beverages feel free to skip this review. I first tried this White Sparkling Wine at the AMAZING 30th Birthday hosted by my friend Kiera. I asked about it and she said it was $4.99 at Trader Joe's.... WHAT? Tasty, sparkly and low cost!!! If you like White wine and a little fizz you will love this smooth drink. I am not expert but I think this beverage can pair with anything from Nachos to Lobster. With the low cost you will not break the bank. I am unsure if other stores carry this wine so happy hunting!
Patagonia's Women's Wind Shield Jacket (HERE):
What Patagonia Says:
Tall Mom Thoughts:
- Two fabrics perfectly paired to block wind and vent excess heat and moisture
- Full windproof stretch polyester with membrane on the front of the garment features smooth durable face with moisture-wicking brushed grid backing
- Smooth-faced, stretch fleece on back and under arm panels for breathability and quick drying performance
- Full zip through collar with brushed fleece next to skin, full wind flap and zipper garage
- Zippered chest pockets with left bicep pocket with interior MP3 cord pass-through
- Reflective logo on left chest
- Drop tail
- Front torso and arms, collar face: 6-oz 100% polyester face laminated to a polyurethane film and polyester grid back; face has a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Back torso, under arms and collar lining: 5.7-oz Polartec® Power Dry® 95% polyester (65% recycled) /5% spandex single-sided fleece, with moisture-wicking performance
- 312 g (11 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.
- Recycled Polyester : We recycle used soda bottles, unusable second quality fabrics and worn out garments into polyester fibers to produce many of our clothes.
Patagonia sent me the Windshield jacket to test via their PR firm. This jacket fits me PERFECT! Very true to size. High Quality breathable fabric which kept me very warm on a chilly day. When I took off the jacket it was heavy from sweat, but I was not wet at all, HMMM!! This is a total go-to jacket for me. Perusing the Patagonia site there are several products I am very interested in, go check it out HERE.
- My ONLY gripe is the location of the pockets. As a Woman I would prefer not have pockets in the upper region, I am a side pocket gal.
What Cloudveil Says:
A new addition to our popular Run Don't Walk line, the RDW Vest is an ideal warm layer for aerobic exercises from skate skiing and snow shoveling to winter running. Flexible Polartec® Power Stretch® adds insulation in the front and back, while Polartec® Power Dry® side panels decrease overall density. The seven-ounce weight makes it perfect to pack along for a weekend ski trip, on an extended Nordic tour or as insurance against an approaching front.
Tall Mom Thoughts:
I did not know I was a vest person, but I am a VEST PERSON in the winter for sure. I wore this vest that Cloudveils sent me to test on the cold 15 miler with Zoe. The high fleece neck kept neck warm and was not scratchy. I love that I can wear a baselayer shirt under the vest and be warm without feeling like I need to strip off a layer.
- The location of the sole pocket. I put my car key in the pocket and it may have fit a gu or two as well, but I just don't like front chest pockets.
- This vest is a men's so it comes in men's colors and is a men's fit. I would LOVE Cloudveil to make a HOT PINK vest in women's fit, but keep the length and fabrics!!
On a previous Test Lab Tuesday I talked about a fleece neck cover and said that a crafty person could probably make one at home.. WELL...I am PROUD to say that Allie at "That Girl is a Running Fool" took my advice and even hosted a Giveaway of her amazing neck covers. And guess what?? I won!!! Check out her post HERE. This adorable pink polka dot neck cover is awesome, Thanks Allie!!
- Notice in the photo I am wearing the Brooks shorts from the Brooks for her collection HERE, Muscle-Santa paid attention. I will do a full post about what Santa and Bloggers gave to Tall Mom soon.
TALL MOM APPROVED
TALL MOM APPROVED