- Muscle man joined me 3 times.
- Ran 4 miles with my co-worker I call Zen Runner and a guy in our building..pretty sure they will be great fill ins when Shelby is busy.
- 5 mile run in the 7's pace on a WET day...not fast enough to avoid the rain drops.
- To cap it all I had an AMAZING long Run on Sunday.
I am not sure the best way to sum it all up. Since I know you LOVE pictures.. Below are a few from our trip to Wilsonville Oregon on Saturday which is where my in-laws are currently living. This opens up options for races in the Portland area....hello Portland Running Bloggers :)It was a BEAUTIFUL crisp sunny day. While the Little Studs were on a nature walk to the Park with Grandma Mimi and the Uncles, Muscle Man and I got on our gear for a quick 3 miler.
This outfit is comfortable in any temperature. Brooks EZT, Moeben Sleeves, Newbalance tights, Balega socks and Brooks Trance 9 shoes.
- The Stop Lights were ANNOYING.. I hit every one at the wrong moment. I am not a fan of starting and stopping.. UGH!
- I have been teaching Little Stud #1 not to say "Hate," and replace it with the words "That is not my favorite." So Hills continue to be not my favorite. Slowest mile was all hill.
- Fastest Mile= 7:57 Not so Fast Mile= 8:50
- It takes me at least One mile to warm up my knees
- My arch in my left foot was my only pain, it lasted for .5 mile around mile 9. Felt like I stepped on one of the kids Lego's...OUCH!!
- I generally see minimum of 8-12 runners. On this run I saw only 3. Runner #1 was a fit woman with bright white hat and gloves, all I could think about was how dirty her gear would be after one running season. Runner #2 was a smiley mid sized man wearing a football team beanie and unmatched clothes. Runner #3 was a pocket sized lady with a huge head of hair in an over sized hooded sweatshirt.
- My race plan is to take a Gu Chomp at miles 4 and 8 and a Gu Roctane at 6 and 10. The last 3.1 I should be fine, but I will pack an extra chomp just in case.
- I wore my Nathan fuel belt...I am still torn if I want to wear it on race day. I am going to bring it and ask about the water stops. I am thinking of getting a handheld in the Future
- I HOPE HOPE HOPE that I feel as good this Saturday for my race, I had energy to spare....which is good because I am hoping to trim some time. My comfortable pace is around 8:33....I want to run 7:33 in my Half Marathon... Hmmm is it possible?
This week I will take it easy to prepare to RACE. Race Goals coming up. Don't Forget to enter the Brooks for Her Giveaway HERE.