Imagine you are attending a week-long running camp. Where would it be? What would you do? Would there be classes? Bootcamps? Socials? I want to know all about the kinds of things that make up your ideal running-related week. No work, no obligations outside of camp,... for one week you can have it exactly your way! Tell me all about it!
Great question Lacey...I am going to take the DREAMER approach to this one...
BLOGGER MEET UP CAMP
Where: Ireland in a Castle
Who: All Running Bloggers near and far would have an all expense paid trip to Ireland for a FULL week and not lose any vacation time at home..
- Carbo Loading meals every night
- Free Gear and Shoes sponsored by all the Major Running companies
- Races of ALL distances from the Crutches shuffle and Scooter sprint for our injured buddies, to the muscle mile and Flat and Fast BQ trial Marathon for those reaching for the FAST! Each day would provide a race to fit each person and help him/her feel PROUD of what he/she has accomplished that day. THERE IS A FINISH LINE FOR EVERYONE!
- Big Name Runners and Coaches would speak in the evenings and would provide training tips throughout the week.
- Free Massages for everyone!!
- Each person would be provided a training plan to fit their specific running goals to balance with their life.
- All Running Books and DVD's would be FREE, grab a bag and take what you need to inspire you.
- And we would be staying in a CASTLE in IRELAND!! How cool is that?
Not sure that is what you were looking for Lacey....just for YOU I would also like to request that Biggest Loser, Top Chef and Project Runway Marathons play during the week for those FEW down moments..Amanda at 5 Miles to Empty is a local Blogger.. Imagine my EXCITEMENT! I have been lightly recruiting Amanda to join me on a weekend training run for a few weeks. I have even offered gifts and hugs. Soooo to my surprise I read her Blog post HERE with a true confession.. Apparently I have given the wrong impression of my running, I run fast when I am alone because I want to get it over with and I have no one to run with but Garmin. If I have a partner I DO NOT CARE WHAT PACE WE RUN.
One of my very favorite training runs was with Ang, I did not look at my Garmin the entire 14 miles and it was pure BLISS! During that run Ang told me that she was intimidated to run with me because she didn't want to slow me down. UGH!! It makes me sad that by focusing on my Stats I have scared off potential running buddies.
My usual training partner, my BFF Charity, rides her bike next to me on long training runs...I have to run fast so she doesn't fall off :) I REALLY REALLY would like to have someone to run with. If you have a few minutes PLEASE PLEASE go to Amanda's post HERE and lightly recommend that she run with me this weekend... I would TRULY TRULY appreciate it...