You get to run the last six miles of your next marathon with 6 different people. They can be dead or alive; famous or not famous. Who are these people and why did you pick them? Furthermore, why did you pick them for the specific mile you did? Remember, you get an extra .2miles with runner #6.
1. Mile 20- YOU!!! My Bloggy friends who live near and far…Call it a Tall Mom Bloggy Pack meet up. When I hit the wall I think of you ALL, so why not have you there with me? Of course we would STOP just for 3.3 minutes or so... I would prearrange for a professional photographer and news crew to capture the moment. After the race you will receive a framed photo, video and race medal. And because I know you love SWAG, a HUGE table full of Giveaways designed especially for each of you. One condition..I EXPECT you to get to the FINISH line and Cheer as LOUD as you possibly can!!!
Charity and Kiera after the Seattle Rock 'N' Roll Marathon
Kiera's traditional Girls Night Baby bump rub photo
Getting pampered the day before playing Bridesmaid in Katie's Wedding. She has done 2 Marathons and Triathlons.
2. Mile 21- Charity, Kiera and Katie….these girls have been with me through thick (literally) and thin and know "Me." Every version of "Me." Weddings, funerals, births, graduations, surgeries, birthdays, disappointment, elation, etc…My girls are the BEST! Someday this MAY come true I would love to run a Marathon with any of these ladies. Between the 3 of them they would figure out a way to keep me GOING at mile 21…
3. Mile 22- Coaches- Every coach I have ever had (includes my Mom and Dad they were at EVERY game and toss growing up and coached me every step). I would LOVE to have all of my coaches together at one time and make them run a mile.. HEHEHEHE… Just Kidding!! Each coach I have had made an impact on who I am today. Sports are run by those who chose to show up, regardless of the paycheck. Those who put their heart into training the next generation. These people I am sure would have the right words to get me through mile 22. This would be a my "Thank You" mile, run with and dedicated to those on the sidelines.
4. Mile 23- SHAQ.-I have always always wanted to meet SHAQ, he would be one of few people to make me feel SMALL. Watching "Shaq vs." this summer I know that he is willing to try different sports. Imagine a 7+ foot man in a Marathon, LOVE IT!! His sense of humor and childlike playfulness would make the mile go by fast. Plus if I was running with SHAQ I would get an awesome amount of publicity and to be on TV… Watch out Hollywood here I come!! (FYI as a child my dream was to be an actress, I still posses a small amount of hope for fame and fortune)
5. Mile 24- Muscle Man and the Little Studs- My guys are my world and have been so much a part of my journey, to have their love with me toward the end of the race, to make me smile and remind me that I am STRONG would be heaven. I also imagine this mile to be filled with entertainment for my boys; ballons, cartoon characters, large video screens, etc...LOL. Since this is my scenario…I get to spend a few minutes in the transition to the next runner, call it a Tall Mom hand off. I would LOVE for Grandpa to meet my sole mate and our boys..
6. Miles 25-26.2- My Grandpa Ernie- I inherited most of my athletic ability from this tall athletic fella.. He has been my guardian Angel since he died when I was in 8th grade. In his lifetime he excelled in Basketball and Baseball, played professionally in both. I bet he would have LOVED to cross the finish line of a Marathon. I know that he is looking down and is so proud of me for everything that I do and who I have become. What I would not give to be with him for even a moment, I would walk the last 1.2 just to be with him longer (And that is BIG for me, you know how competitive I am). I chose Grandpa to cross the Finish because I would love for my Mom and all my extended family to be able to see Grandpa again...The Finish Line photo would be my cherished treasure.
- Wow that was LONG but I Loved the topic, Thanks to Jill!
- Don't Forget to go back and HIGH FIVE those listed on High Five Friday. Muscle Man and I in the Run Wild 5K tomorrow.. Race Results and WINNER of the Giveaway tomorrow afternoon.