Next up on the RACING schedule for Tall Mom is the "Run Wild" 5K at Northwest Trek with Muscle Man on his 33rd birthday!!! My goals for that race are to run sub 21 minute 5K and to WIN for the women...
With my short distance training the past few months I MISS the LONG run... So I am now planning my FALL schedule before the real races are replaced with Turkey Trots and Jingle Bells..
Here are my options including the Pro's and Cons:
Spokane Marathon and 1/2 Marathon
- Low cost race
- Free lodging with the in laws
- Pretty course along the River
- Running on a new course
- Cold Weather
- Long trip to Spokane
- Limited time to prepare for 1/2 and Full
- Travelling home just after a race could cause cramping
- Not a certified course
- Flat and Fast Course
- Beautiful run along the River
- Marathon Redemption
- The race starts just outside the hotel
- Limited time to prepare for full Marathon
- Lodging and travel costs
- May need to take Vacation day
PROS for Half-
- Use my speed training for a Half PR
- Enjoy the beauty of Seattle
- Close to home
PROS for Full-
- Marathon Redemption before 2010
- Beautiful course close to home
- Training for the Full may be tough during Volleyball season, I play on Sunday nights starting late September.
- RAIN...it could be a soggy sneaker day
- Both races and expensive $$$
- Not a fan of BIG races
That is my overall thought process in determining my next race. I am leaning toward the Seattle Half Marathon to give me time to prepare and possibly PR. Problem is I would also like Marathon redemption before the close of 2009.. Oh what to do?? Will keep you posted. I went on Marathonguide.com to get reviews to help...great site!!
How do you decide which races you run?
Anyone signed up for any of the races I have listed??