Bloggy friends fun Giveaways:
FWR Protein Powder HERE
Erica Lift Your Sole Jewelry HERE
Chasing the Kenyans Gu HERE
Paige at Running Around Normal 100th post HERE
10K LESSONS LEARNED:
1. Respect the distance- Don't go out too fast or you may not have the energy to finish strong. My pace was not consistent, which is something I need to work on. Start strong and finish strong.
Mile 1: 6:55
Mile 2: 7:17
Mile 3: 7:20
Mile 4: 7:30
Mile 5: 7:30
Mile 6: 7:37
Mile .2: 7:08
2. Stay focused on your RUN- Don't let annoying people jockeying for position distract you.
3. Make sure you do your TEMPO runs during training-I think I skipped 2 on my plan and I know those would have really helped with my overall endurance. The hill training was great for quad strength but I should have incorporated more speed.
4. Warm up, stretch and use the facilities- My Pre-race routine this time was spot-on which set me up for a very successful race.
5. Smile near the Finish line...you never know where the camera will be.I wish I had more profound knowledge gems to pass on to you about my 10K experience. Basically it is a BIG blur. This distance would be GREAT to have as part of training for a FAST half Marathon. The 6.2 miles will test your speed, endurance, and heart. My ONLY regret is that I did not muster up the Green Giant strength to pass the annoying guy in the sunglasses. Oh well there is always next year :)