Rules are to link back to the presenter, share 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know that are true, and then pass it on and notify the people you pass the award on to!!
10 things about Mel:
1. I do not like: driving, cooking, grocery shopping, paying bills or, talking on the phone (except when stuck in the car).
2. My husband and I met on Match.com and it was LOVE at first site. We are celebrating our 6th wedding Anniversary on August 2nd. Each year on or near our Anniversary we go to Point Defiance Rose Garden where we were married and take pictures.
3. My Mom and Dad are Rock Hounds. Growing up we would travel the USA in our Motor home looking for piles of dirt with treasures hidden beneath the surface. Some of my best childhood memories are when I was covered in mud! My folks currently run a Rock & Gem business and I am so proud of them!
4. I played Volleyball, Basketball and threw shot-put and discus in high school. I went to State in all of my sports, with the highest finish being 2nd in State Shot Put my Senior year. The girl who won beat me by half a fingernail on her last toss... My best friend Charity was a sprinter and recruited me to run the 4 x 200 relay so I could hand her the baton, I HATED that race!!
5. I often will quote lines from movies and songs at random times. It is totally dorky, but Dave (hubs) and Charity (BF) get it and TOTALLY play along. Case in point my text to Charity yesterday morning said "Sugga how'd you get so fly? Sugga Sugga…" She cracked up.
6. I am OVERLY anal when it comes to my kids. I REALLY want to be more laxed but I just am not.. I like their hands and faces to be clean. Want them to be wearing clothes that are clean and match, including shoes. I will pick up the crazy mess of toys on the floor, even if they are still playing. Sorry Blaine and Easton, Mommy is trying.. The little studs are lucky to be home with Daddy during the day, he is much more easy going and patient.
7. I collect Willow Tree Figurines. I even emailed the company to see if they would make a Runner Figure, no luck yet :(
8. I am CONFIDENT.. Often, I think, people mistake this for being narcissistic. Nope! I believe in myself, am proud of myself and I will not sugar coat it to make society happy. I LOVE hearing other people talk about their accomplishments, big or small. I don't think that people brag enough :)
9. I am obsessed with the number 33, or really any form of 3. I was #33 in college basketball and it has just stuck. I always make a wish when I see 3:33 on the clock. Hey that would be one SPEEDY Marathon goal 3:33, maybe using someone elses body..
10. I have a Bachelors degree in Speech Communications and a Masters degree in Organizational Leadership, I barely use either degree in my current job. If I had college to do again I would have majored in Graphic Design, Marketing, English/Writing or Photography. Something creative. Someday I will figure out what I want to be when I "Grow up."
Passing this Award to:
Bloggy Friends named Mel:
Bloggy Friends named Mel:
Tall Girl Running (FYI I copied her name)