Ashley at Journey to a Better Me tagged me to fill out this survey. Well to be totally honest I told her that I like surveys and was tagged as a result:
The rules are:
1. Fill it out
2. Change one question with one of your own
3. Add an additional question
4. Tag others
1. What are your current obsessions? Deciding if I should change my registration for the Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon to the Full Marathon. Training and getting ready for the Capital City 1/2 Marathon in May. Blogging on my running and family sites. Writing my Children's Book.
2. Which item from your closet are you wearing most often? My MEK jeans, 3 Nike running jackets and spandex.
3. Last thing you bought for myself? Registration to the Capital City 1/2 Marathon and waterproof cameras for our trip to Hawaii next week.
4. What’s for dinner? Hubby makes dinner (LOVE HIM) so I would have to ask him, probably Turkey Burgers, Chicken Enchiladas or shrimp/mushrooms/ water chesnut bowl. Last night we had tasty homemade lentil soup and green peppers stuffed with cheese and mushrooms. Gotta love a man who will open a cook book and create something tasty.
5. Say something to the person who tagged you: Ashley is always good for a fun comment on my Blog and a good story on her Blog. Funny how you can connect with people through the Bloggy universe. Nice to know other mothers who are out there putting their runners to the pavement (or elliptical this week, get better buddy).
6. What is one item you could not live without? Is my husband an item?….hmm guess not.. Right now I would say my Garmin, Ipod and blackberry.
7. Vacation spots you must visit before you die? Ireland, Australia, Italy and a real castle anywhere...
8. Three things to do before you die:
Hmmmm I don't have a "Bucket List" so here goes...
1 - Travel with my boys and hubby to countless place in the USA by car or motorhome… Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Washington DC, etc...
2 - Slide down a natural water slide
3 - Live to be age 100 (LOL that is cheating)
9. What are you reading right now? I have 2 kids under the age of 3, I read 3+ books every night including "Smash Crash," "Adventures in Tonka Town," "The Lazy Lady Bug," and many more riveting titles.. My current reads are running magazines and the wonderful Blogs of my friends and fellow runners.
10. What is the last movie you saw and enjoyed? Can't remember…I know I liked seeing "Bolt" with Blaine.
11. What’s your guilty pleasure? I don't have guilty pleasures as much as vices… My vices are shopping, coffee, Thai food, chocolate, Facebook, Myspace and blogging.
12. What’s your favorite smell? Fresh baked cookies, warm clean laundry, my husband's cologne, cotton candy cooking and popcorn.
13.If cost wasn't an issue and you could run any race in the world what would it be? Since I don't have time to research races at this moment I will copy Ashley and say "I would love to run the Athens Marathon or do the LavaMan Iron Man in Hawaii".
**"The Avenue of the Giants" in the Redwoods, CA would be cool, but that one is attainable. As a tall person it would be so fun to run in a race with "Giants" in the title.
14. Do you have a goal that you are trying accomplish before 2009 is over? Finish the first draft of my Children's book and finish a 1/2 Marathon (possibly full goal TBD in 3 weeks).
15. Describe one of your happiest moments. There are a few: Finding out that I got offered a scholarship to play basketball and telling my parents. Meeting Dave, love at first sight and our PERFECT wedding day. Giving birth to my boys with my Mom, best friend, sister and hubby there to support us. Achieving my 'personal' goal weight after years of trying.
16. What was your best Halloween costume? My mom put me in some pretty cool things, I was a Hershey kiss and Grapes/raisins. My favorite was the one time in my life that I exposed my mid section as a Gypsy at a college party.
17. What do you have an addiction to? Running, my garmin, shopping and coffee.
18. What do you do that you would be embarrassed for others to know about? I have minor road rage, yell and often semi flip people off while driving. (semi means that my finger is not fully in sight of the other driver) I know it is BAD, but geeeeez people!!!
19. What is one totally irrational fear you have? Sharks scare me to no end..
20. Do you have a favorite training tip? Believe in yourself and don't make excuses. Your mind controls your body.
21. What's your most embarrassing moment? When I was in 1st grade I got on the Bus and was feeling queasy. As I started to walk down the aisle to find a seat I lost it and vomited on the floor. I quickly got off the bus, red faced and went back home.
22. (My added question) What is your dream job? I would love to get paid to take photos and write. My dream is to travel, be with my family and stretch my creative mind.
I tag my friends who run and Blog:
And Bloggy Runners:
1. Rookie on the Run
2. Amanda at Run to the Finish
3. Velma at Running with Boys